Synonym: suspect. Similar words: defender, defense, defensive, attendance, in danger, offender, pedantic, agenda. Meaning: [-dənt] n. a person or institution against whom an action is brought in a court of law; the person being sued or accused.
Random good picture Not show
1. The court found against the defendant.
2. The defendant was charged with disturbing the peace.
3. The defendant broke down under cross - examination .
4. The judge found for the defendant.
5. The testimony of witnesses vindicated the defendant.
6. She testified under oath that the defendant was innocent.
7. The judge pronounced for the defendant, and also said that his opponent should pay the court costs.
8. The judge defaulted the defendant.
9. The summons was served upon the defendant.
10. The defendant requested more time to prepare his case.
11. Cherie Booth is the lawyer appearing for the defendant.
12. Ms Dale is representing the defendant in the case.
13. Evidence weighted against the defendant.
14. The jury found for the defendant.
15. The burden of proof lies on the defendant.
16. The court decided against the defendant.
17. The jury found the defendant guilty on all counts.
18. The tribunal found in favour of the defendant.
19. The defendant twisted uneasily in his chair.
20. The courtroom buzzed as the defendant was led in.
21. The defendant appeared at the juvenile court yesterday.
22. The defendant was convicted of murder.
23. The defendant complained of intimidation during the investigation.
23. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and make good sentences.
24. The defendant may make a statement under caution.
25. The defendant was ruled not guilty.
26. The defendant made default yesterday.
27. We find the defendant not guilty.
28. Several witnesses gave evidence for the defendant.
29. The government will not seek to disrupt the legitimate business activities of the defendant.
30. The judge decided the case in favour of the defendant.
More similar words: defender, defense, defensive, attendance, in danger, offender, pedantic, agenda, calendar, recommendation, round and round, refer, dan, fence, offense, define, reference, dancer, offensive, deficit, preference, guidance, aside from, and all, definition, definitely, scandal, out of danger, mandate, standard.