Antonym: challenger. Similar words: defendant, offender, defense, defensive, gender, render, tender, independent. Meaning: [-də] n. 1. a person who cares for persons or property 2. a fighter who holds out against attack.
Random good picture Not show
1. It's his fourth season as an Arsenal defender.
2. Simon's a defender, but I always play in midfield.
3. The defender argued down the prosecutor at the court.
4. He gained a reputation as being a staunch defender/supporter of civil rights.
5. The team's secret weapon was their new young defender.
6. She is a strict defender of Catholic orthodoxy.
7. The defender kicked the ball out of play.
8. That new defender is the business!
9. The defender hoofed the ball up the field.
10. He presented himself as a defender of democracy.
11. He got round the defender using some slick footwork.
12. He shouldered off a defender and shot at goal.
13. The goalkeeper was injured so a defender had to go in goal.
14. Our best defender is injured and won't be able to play today.
15. The defender launched himself at the attacking player, bringing him to the ground.
16. After being dropped from the team the young defender is considering his future.
17. The luckless defender, Mark Emery, sustained his third injury of the season.
18. James is entitled to a public defender.
19. I think he's the best defender around.
20. You have a defender, you have an offensive player.
21. Anfield defender Mark Wright will travel to join his team-mates later today after missing the team bus travelling to Crystal Palace.
22. The 24-year-old central defender will miss a promotion run-in and a breakthrough on the international scene.
23. Public defender Barry Collins was repeatedly blocked from unveiling possible discrepancies between police reports taken from the same witnesses at different times.
24. Nakata had to play out of position when the defender was injured.Sentencedict
25. He jumped to avoid the flailing leg of the defender.
26. United have unearthed a real talent in this young defender.
27. If a punch is aimed at the face, the defender steps out to intercept it before it gains momentum.
28. Hateley instantly exploited the error, rolling the ball back to Ian Ferguson and what followed was hell for defender Sergei Fokine.
29. Kelly saved United minutes before the interval stopping an Anderton shot and then foiling defender Colin Calderwood.
30. Secondly, their eyes are on eternal truth, of which each party deems itself the sole defender.
More similar words: defendant, offender, defense, defensive, gender, render, tender, independent, independence, wander, under, undergo, founder, commander, under way, reminder, fall under, come under, tendency, extended, vendetta, wanderlust, undermine, undertake, understand, dependent, underlying, rendezvous, under control, undergraduate.