Synonym: course, current, direction, drift, movement, tendency. Similar words: strengthen, render, entrepreneur, tremendous, rendezvous, tree, arena, rent. Meaning: [trend] n. 1. a general direction in which something tends to move 2. general line of orientation 3. a general tendency to change (as of opinion) 4. the popular taste at a given time. v. turn sharply; change direction abruptly.
Random good picture Not show
1) Share prices continued their downward trend.
2) Police are very disturbed about the latest trend.
3) This is a growing trend.
4) The event changed the trend of public opinion.
5) It would be perverse to stop this healthy trend.
6) There was a bullish trend in the market.
7) The latest incident is representative of a wider trend.
8) With an upward trend in inflation, you expect prices to rise.
9) Lately there has been a trend towards hiring younger, cheaper employees.
10) Statistics showed a reverse trend to that recorded in other countries.
11) He characterized briefly the main trend in the world today.
12) Surveys show a trend away from home-ownership and towards rented accommodation.
13) Despite this month's disappointing figures,[http://sentencedict.com/trend.html] the underlying trend is healthy.
14) Can anything be done to reverse this trend?
15) The data indicates a trend towards earlier retirement.
16) The trend of prices is still upwards.
17) The latest lifestyle trend is downshifting.
18) Even so, the underlying trend is positive.
19) Is the trend towards privatization reversible?
20) This trend is being reversed .
21) We are seeing a trend towards greater press partisanship.
22) You seem to have set a new trend.
23) These statistics display a definite trend.
24) A trend for romance and nostalgia has emerged.
25) The current trend is towards more part-time employment.
26) There is a growing trend towards earlier retirement.
27) The trend towards home ownership has gone into reverse.
28) The underlying trend of inflation is still upwards.
29) You need a long series of data to be able to discern such a trend.
30) The rise in violent crime is a disturbing new trend.
More similar words: strengthen, render, entrepreneur, tremendous, rendezvous, tree, arena, rent, parent, stretch, street, stream, stress, treaty, streak, rental, get ready, actress, entreat, retreat, extreme, current, inherent, apparent, parental, stretch out, distress, currency, awareness, parenting.