Synonym: At, astatine, atomic number 85. Similar words: Et, Gt, a, ad, ah, art, as, bat. Meaning: [æt; unbetontət]n. 1. a highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series); a decay product of uranium and thorium 2. 100 at equal 1 kip in Laos.
Random good picture Not show
1. Better deny at once than promise long.
2. He that will thrive must rise at five.
3. Fish begins to stink at the head.
4. Honest men marry soon, wise men not at all.
5. At open doors dogs come in.
6. An oak is not felled at one stroke.
7. It is good to learn at another man’s cost.
8. Friends agree best at a distance.
9. No one wise at all times.
10. He that doth most at once doth least.
11. A little of everything, nothing at all.
12. When you are at Rome, do as Rome does.
13. A drowning man will catch at a straw.
14. Every dog is a lion at home.
15. Opportunity never knocks twice at any man's door.
16. Better spare at brim than at bottom.
17. No man is wise at all times.
18. No man can do two things at once.
19. Love not at the first look.
20. Every dog is valiant at his won door.
21. A fool at forty is a fool indeed.
22. No man ever became thoroughly bad at once.
23. Dirty linen should be washed at home.
24. They that live longest must die at last.
25. It is good to be merry at meal.
26. Eat at pleasure,[sentence dictionary] drink with measure.
27. Envy shoots at others and wounds herself.
28. Sickness is felt, but health not at all.
29. He that is angry is seldom at ease.
30. Marry in haste, repent at leisure.
1. Cathy's an old pro at organizing raffles.
2. He telephoned the duty officer at regimental headquarters.
3. Hold the knife at an angle.
4. The dog was worrying away at its bone.
5. He grimaced at the bitter taste.
6. She arranged an appointment for Friday afternoon at four-fifteen.
7. Her eyes smiled up at him.
8. Rex soon became an expert at opening the gate.
9. Palmer kept hammering away at his report.
10. We paused to marvel at the view.
11. They are my fellows at school.
12. Sir Kenneth concluded with a sideswipe at his critics.
13. His personal wealth is estimated at around $100 million.
14. He went on staring at the TV screen .
15. Justine and I got admission at the same time.
16. Make sure you're at the check-in by 5.30.
17. I was in heaven at the news.
18. She stared at the tranquil surface of the water.
19. At least eighteen bullets were fired.
20. Children sleep in dormitories when they live at school.
21. Witnesses at the trial were given police protection.
22. I positioned the photo at a slight tilt.
23. I'm putting in for a job at the hospital.
24. Subway is crowded at this hour.
25. We looked carefully at every car that drove past.
26. My teacher's influence made me study science at college.
27. She bought 400 cigarettes at the airport duty-free shop.
28. Goods with slight defects are sold at half price.
29. She looked down at the sea of upturned faces.
30. That was in the days before electricity was available at the flick of a switch .