Synonym: A.D., AD, advert, advertisement, advertising, advertizement, advertizing, anno Domini. Similar words: ed., a, add, ah, aid, and, as, at. Meaning: [æd] n. a public promotion of some product or service. adv. in the Christian era; used before dates after the supposed year Christ was born.
Random good picture Not show
(1) St Pancras was martyred in 304 AD.
(2) Buddhism was introduced into China about 67 AD.
(3) Rome annexed the Nabatean kingdom in 106 AD.
(4) Charlemagne was crowned Emperor on Christmas Day 800 AD.
(5) Environmentalists attacked the company's ad as a public-relations exercise.
(6) We put an ad in the local paper.
(7) Problems were solved on an ad hoc basis.
(8) Every single ad in the campaign has been a gem.
(9) There was a brief ad for Mona Lisa skin lightener.
(10) They've placed an ad for someone to baby-sit the youngsters in the evening.
(11) In one ad the viewer scarcely sees the car's exterior.
(12) This is an ad hoc committee specially established to deal with a particular subject.
(13) He placed/put a personal ad in The Times.
(14) Rome fell to the Vandals in 455 AD.
(15) He plays the country yokel in the butter ad.
(16) A lot of claims are made in the ad.
(17) That ad campaign was an absolute masterstroke.
(18) David has had 12 replies to his ad.
(19) In AD 586 St Kentigern evangelized Tweeddale.
(20) I'm phoning about your ad in the paper.
(21) He ad libbed his way through the meeting.
(22) What will world population be by 2050 AD/AD 2050?
(23) The ad appeared on all major channels.
(24) She delivered her lines ad lib.
(25) The pair have often been known to abandon their script and begin ad libbing.
(26) York was founded by the Romans in the year 71 AD.
(27) I'd forgotten the notes for my speech so I had to do it ad lib.
(28) The cathedral was destroyed by the Great Fire of 1136 AD.
(29) We were told to help ourselves to the food ad lib.
(30) Quills were the chief writing implement from the 6 th century AD until the advent of steel pens in the mid 19 th century.