Synonym: clever, creative, imaginative, inspired, inventive, masterful, original, productive, proficient, skillful. Antonym: awkward, clumsy, unskillful. Similar words: ingenuous, disingenuous, congenial, harmonious, sanctimonious, in general, ingenuity, stringent. Meaning: [ɪn'dʒɪːnɪəs] adj. 1. (used of persons or artifacts) marked by independence and creativity in thought or action 2. skillful (or showing skill) in adapting means to ends 3. showing inventiveness and skill.
Random good picture Not show
1. His plots are always very ingenious.
2. Johnny is so ingenious - he can make the most remarkable sculptures from the most ordinary materials.
3. She is an ingenious girl.
4. He has an ingenious scheme to attract funding.
5. The idea sounds quite ingenious.
6. She's very ingenious when it comes to finding excuses.
7. He invented an ingenious excuse for his absence.
8. Your invention is ingenious, but not very practical.
9. Try to think of unusual and ingenious solutions.
10. An ingenious idea suddenly came upon him when he was taking a walk with his wife.
11. He measured the room using an ingenious new electronic device.
12. He has an ingenious technique for dealing with problems of that sort.
13. Many fish have ingenious ways of protecting their eggs from predators.
14. He had been using an ingenious method.
15. It was a most ingenious demonstration.
16. Some slave-makers are more ingenious.
17. On the face of it a most ingenious scheme.
18. Undoubtedly one of the most ingenious house tracks ever.
19. Great, thought Sly,[http://Sentencedict.com] a most ingenious paradox.
20. An ingenious way of opening a second front.
21. To make optimum use of the volume, an ingenious device was employed.
22. The strategy they used involved an ingenious mixture of design and chance.
23. Other corporations have devised ingenious ways to test and season their executives, according to McCall et al.
24. Many fish have ingenious ways of protecting their eggs from predators, - mostly other fish.
25. So you fitted that wire through that little hole there: that's very ingenious!
26. As the Victorian age got under way, ever more ingenious technologies aided the steady advance of drainage.
27. One can go to the thousands of human societies and find ingenious explanations for each incidence of masculinity and femininity.
28. As time goes by, the world becomes filled with the most powerful and ingenious replicators.
29. In the end it was Pete who thought of a really ingenious solution to the problem.
30. Franca, said to be a good cook, was not a good cook, just an ingenious cook.
More similar words: ingenuous, disingenuous, congenial, harmonious, sanctimonious, in general, ingenuity, stringent, contingent, contingency, senior, genius, eugenic, pungent, photogenic, engender, pungency, tangential, pious, opening, evening, generous, odious, tinge, hinge, dangerous, obvious, furious, various, dubious.