Similar words: apologize, psychologist, apology, ecological, theological, biological, ideological, psychological. Meaning: [ə'pɒlədʒɪst] n. a person who argues to defend or justify some policy or institution.
Random good picture Not show
1. "I am no apologist for Hitler," observed Pyat.
2. He has been neither an apologist nor an alarmist.
3. "But maybe," the apologist insists, "the problem is in what Americans believe.
4. He also an enthusiastic apologist for federated identity and a board member of the OpenID Foundation.
5. Bestselling author and Christian apologist Josh McDowell hopes The New Evidence That Demands a Verdict will further document historical evidence of the Christian faith.
6. And he's no apologist for Chinese authoritarianism, calling out its abuses and corruption, and making clear that he believes the absence of democracy will eventually hobble China's progress.
7. He was also a philosopher, Christian apologist, playwright, and poet.
8. I am no apologist for the aggressive action by those Chinese young people.
9. When the future apologist had reached the age of twenty-three his father cast about for a Christian tutor capable of giving his sons the best education the age afforded.
10. He is a serial political apologist, saying sorry, sacrificing an aide and obliging his shadow cabinet to pay back their most egregious claims, like medieval Christians buying indulgences.
11. In this case you become an apologist for your own religion.
12. Barclay:Scottish Quaker apologist whose Truth Triumphant (1692), a collection of his writings(sentencedict.com), describes and defends the tenets of Quakerism.
13. Tantawi defense team as an apologist for the Mubarak, Hosni Mubarak that he will justify charges.
14. He has been cast in the role of chief apologist for the government.
15. He failed, however, to get the rapturous reception he may have expected from his chief apologist on the international scene.
16. Can Misha Glenny be so politically naive that he has unwittingly turned into an apologist for aggression?
17. Immigration policy is not mentioned again after the early pages, and there he comes across as an apologist.
18. Is China's most eminent writer a reformer or an apologist?
19. When he famously declared that “I believe in justice, but I will defend my mother before justice(sentence dictionary),” he was denounced as a colonial apologist.
20. This article, together with this entire website, is a China apologist forum which dare not to touch actual reality inside China.
21. Kant notwithstanding, it is tempting to agree with my hypothetical apologist that absolutist morals are usually driven by religion.
More similar words: apologize, psychologist, apology, ecological, theological, biological, ideological, psychological, technological, terminological, epistemology, logical, biology, theology, geology, ideology, register, technology, psychology, sluggish, legislator, pole, poly, poll, legislature, legislative, legislation, pollen, policy, police.