Antonym: weaken. Similar words: length, at length, seeing that, trend, stream, street, stress, streak. Meaning: ['strŋθn] v. 1. make strong or stronger 2. gain strength 3. give a healthy elasticity to.
Random good picture Not show
1. Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labour does the body.
2. We all agreed on a treaty to strengthen the cooperation between our two parties.
3. He hoped to strengthen the position of the sciences in the leading universities.
4. Both sides agreed to strengthen political ties.
5. He has been brought in to strengthen the defence.
6. Repairs are necessary to strengthen the bridge.
7. The new evidence will strengthen their case.
8. Both these facts strengthen the case against hanging.
9. The experience of bereavement can strengthen family ties.
10. You're too weak;you'd better strengthen with rich food.
11. His opposition served only to strengthen our resolve.
12. Exercise can strengthen and tone muscles.
13. These exercises are designed to strengthen muscles.
14. The exercises are designed to strengthen your stomach muscles.
15. Metal supports were added to strengthen the outer walls.
16. These exercises are designed to strengthen your stomach muscles.
16. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and create good sentences.
17. Regular exercise will help to strengthen your muscles .
18. You can do exercises to strengthen your stomach muscles.
19. Community leaders want to strengthen controls at external frontiers.
20. There could be no better way to strengthen the unity of world Jewry.
21. He has a new fitness regime to strengthen his back.
22. The police want tougher laws to strengthen their hand against drug traffickers.
23. Any experience can teach and strengthen you[sentencedict.com], but particularly the more difficult ones.
24. They managed to strengthen their grip on the southern part of the country.
25. The trade agreement helped to strengthen the bonds between the two countries.
26. The aim was to strengthen and revivify the Labour Party.
27. If the government clamps down on the protestors, that will only serve to strengthen them in the long run.
28. Here is a special set of exercises which will strengthen your back muscles.
29. Having suffered grievously from biological weapons attacks in the past, China supports work that helps comprehensively to strengthen the effectiveness of the convention. It has actively participated in the work of drawing up a Protocol of the Ad Hoc Group of States Parties to the BWC established in 1994, and has made contributions to the progress of the negotiations on the Protocol.
30. In a strange way, his affair caused our relationship to strengthen.
More similar words: length, at length, seeing that, trend, stream, street, stress, streak, stretch, entrepreneur, distress, stretch out, mainstream, obstreperous, then, when, owing to, engage, engine, and then, by then, hence, longtime, belong to, long-term, engulfed, engineer, engage in, now and then, kitchen.