Synonym: characteristic, element, line, mark, nature, quality, score, strain, striate, stripe, tendency, vein. Similar words: stream, mainstream, break, stress, stretch, street, treaty, break in. Meaning: [strɪːk] n. 1. an unbroken series of events 2. a distinctive characteristic 3. a marking of a different color or texture from the background 4. a sudden flash (as of lightning). v. 1. move quickly in a straight line 2. run naked in a public place 3. mark with spots or blotches of different color or shades of color as if stained.
Random good picture Not show
1. She has inherited her mother's stubborn streak.
2. There was a streak of blood on his face.
3. He has always had a rebellious streak .
4. There is a streak of cruelty in his character.
5. There's a nasty streak in her character.
6. Like all great survivors, she has a ruthless streak.
7. Wow, you're on a winning streak.
8. There's a streak of sadism in his nature.
9. Susan and Deborah share an intensely selfish, egotistic streak.
10. Most of the players have a strong competitive streak.
11. Celtic are on a six-game winning streak.
11. Wish you can benefit from sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
12. A streak of lightning forked across the sky.
13. There was a streak of insanity in the family.
14. Rain had begun to streak the window-panes.
15. There's a streak of masochism in his personality.
16. I've got a very stubborn streak .
17. He had a reckless, self-destructive streak.
18. Their longest losing streak has been three games.
19. Did you see that bird streak past the window?
20. He talked a blue streak all through breakfast.
21. She suddenly revealed a mean streak in her character.
22. He's always had a rebellious streak .
23. The team are on a winning streak .
24. He'sstill got a mean streak.
25. His record reveals a tough streak.
26. The Giants winning streak remained unbroken for an impressive nineteen games.
27. He had the ruthless streak necessary to carry him into the Cabinet.
28. Despite his apparent liberal views, he's really something of a puritan/he has a puritan streak.
29. I don't like Kevin — he's got a nasty vindictive streak in him.
30. Holidays in the Australian outback are for those with an adventurous streak.
More similar words: stream, mainstream, break, stress, stretch, street, treaty, break in, break off, break out, break up, get ready, retreat, entreat, break down, break away, stretch out, distress, break into, strengthen, treatment, obstreperous, break through, peak, speak, steak, sneak, tree, weaken, trend.