Similar words: suspend, suspect, independent, independence, be independent of, spend, extended, spending. Meaning: [sə'spendɪd] adj. 1. (of undissolved particles in a fluid) supported or kept from sinking or falling by buoyancy and without apparent attachment 2. temporarily inactive.
Random good picture Not show
1. We saw smoke suspended in the still air.
2. A painting of Ingres was suspended on the wall.
3. Sailings were suspended in the high winds.
4. Funding for the new building has been temporarily suspended.
5. Her body was found suspended by a rope.
6. John was given a four-month suspended sentence.
7. A lamp was suspended from the ceiling above us.
8. A lamp was suspended from the ceiling.
9. The lamp was suspended from the ceiling.
10. After the explosion dust was suspended in the air.
11. The project was suspended because of the shortage of fund.
12. A UN official said aid programs will be suspended until there's adequate protection for relief convoys.
13. Tom is suspended from school for a week for bad conduct.
14. She lay in a state of suspended animation, waiting for dawnlight,[Sentencedict] when she would rise.
15. The ferry service has been suspended for the day because of bad weather.
16. Sales of the drug will be suspended until more tests are completed.
17. Several employees were suspended amid allegations that financial improprieties had been committed.
18. The policeman was suspended while the complaint was investigated.
19. We suspended the building work during the rain.
20. He suspended the constitution and assumed dictatorial powers.
21. All mail deliveries were suspended during the strike.
22. He was suspended for using a banned substance .
23. Smoke hung suspended in the still air.
24. A large light was suspended from the ceiling.
25. She was suspended from school for a week.
26. The drug is suspended in a saline solution.
27. Dave was suspended from school for a week.
28. A cloud of smoke was suspended in the air.
29. Small droplets are held suspended in the atmosphere.
30. His superiors suspended him, and then downgraded him.
More similar words: suspend, suspect, independent, independence, be independent of, spend, extended, spending, apprehended, dependent, suspicion, suspicious, minded, reprimanded, confounded, surrounded, depend on, sender, tender, gender, render, dispensable, compendium, depending, impending, offender, dependable, engender, vendetta, tendency.