Synonym: devious, roundabout. Similar words: circuit, ubiquitous, circumstance, circumlocution, circle, aircraft, suite, quite. Meaning: [sə'kjuːɪtəs] adj. 1. marked by obliqueness or indirection in speech or conduct 2. deviating from a straight course.
Random good picture Not show
1. The journey was circuitous and slow.
2. They took a circuitous route to avoid reporters.
3. He took us on a circuitous route to the hotel.
4. The cabdriver took them on a circuitous route to the police station.
5. Typically circuitous is the way she used Bernard.
6. The links were often circuitous, narrow and made more difficult by differing levels.
7. This circuitous approach gives jets lots of time to descend to the airport.
8. In 1986, again by a slightly circuitous route, Ian began his own cloning programme at Roslin.
9. I set out on a circuitous route that ensured I ended up at her table.
10. Disability arts is a circuitous route to the inclusion of Disabled people in mainstream arts and wider society.
11. She returned to Bourne End by a circuitous route along minor roads.
12. The more circuitous route would be the quickest.
13. His explanation was circuitous and puzzling.
14. Stuart came into film-making via a circuitous route.
15. The explanation was circuitous and puzzling.
16. It comes in via various circuitous routes.
17. So circuitous, a cost price 26 yuan book,(sentencedict.com) save after all how many money to leave?
18. By shifting his camp and taking circuitous routes , he prevents the enemy from anticipating his purpose.http://sentencedict.com
19. We had to take a circuitous route because of an accident on the turnpike.
20. I have illustrated some of the circuitous routes we have taken to arrive at our present caiman nomenclature.
21. The figure is a circuitous conduit for the transmission of energies.
22. Many alien plants have become introduced by highly circuitous routes.
23. Veranda's jujube red, apricot yellow curtain, circuitous rockery, exquisite bonsai, Chinese Pode shade garden effect.
24. Modest words, taboo words and circuitous words were the usual expression way of euphemistic rhetoric.
25. Within each quarter there are selected road closures and some one-way streets, making journeys even more circuitous for non-residents.
26. It seemed ironic that at long last I was here, albeit by a very much more circuitous route than originally planned.
27. Potential listeners also are cautious about venturing on to a campus with circuitous roads, dense eucalyptus groves and notoriously problematic parking.
28. Invitations went through third parties and some of the visitors traveled circuitous routes to attend.
29. Because of the traffic congestion on the main highways, she took a circuitous route.
30. Mr Zoellick is attentive to means: charting a path, however circuitous, to his destination.
More similar words: circuit, ubiquitous, circumstance, circumlocution, circle, aircraft, suite, quite, sit on, equity, guitar, wait on, editor, a bit of, recruit, pursuit, lawsuit, visitor, monitor, a bit of a, quite a few, suitable, chitosan, tour, territory, competitor, get out, let out, put out, set out.