Antonym: access. Similar words: requirement, retire, retired, measurement, entirely, commencement, tremendous, element. Meaning: [rɪ'tɪə(r)mənt] n. 1. the state of being retired from one's business or occupation 2. withdrawal from your position or occupation 3. withdrawal for prayer and study and meditation.
Random good picture Not show
(1) At 60, he was now approaching retirement.
(2) He's put aside a tidy sum for his retirement.
(3) You're too young to be contemplating retirement.
(4) The athlete will have one final fling before retirement.
(5) Upon his retirement, the business devolved on his son.
(6) Susan is going to take early retirement .
(7) He said he was calling about your retirement pay.
(8) She took to painting after retirement.
(9) A knee injury forced him into premature retirement.
(10) When he went into retirement, he visibly withered.
(11) Are you eligible for early retirement/maternity leave?
(12) A flexible retirement age is being considered by Ministers to unify men's and women's pension rights.
(13) She wanted to enjoy her retirement without being beset by financial worries.
(14) He became a keen golfer after his retirement from politics.
(15) His mind has stagnated since his retirement.
(16) What is the normal retirement age in this country?
(17) Retirement gave him the time to pursue his hobbies.
(18) We wish them both well in their retirement.
(19) He lives in retirement, away from everyone.
(20) The minimum age for retirement is 55.
(21) We're having a collection for Tom's retirement present.
(22) She's put aside a tidy sum for her retirement.
(23) Several staff members volunteered for early retirement.
(24) More people are choosing to work beyond retirement age.
(25) He's coming up for retirement soon.
(26) He planned on early retirement. Sentencedict.com
(27) The New York Times has this very laudatory article about your retirement.
(28) He wanted to have a source of income after his retirement; until then, he wouldn't require additional money.
(29) Because her job had been the pivot of her life, retirement was very difficult.
(30) Farmers have been slow to make adequate provision for their retirement.
More similar words: requirement, retire, retired, measurement, entirely, commencement, tremendous, element, basement, movement, statement, placement, implement, management, enforcement, elementary, settlement, excitement, engagement, involvement, arrangement, replacement, chastisement, announcement, advertisement, finite element, implementation, direct investment, tire, amendment.