Synonym: altogether, completely, exclusively, fully, solely, thoroughly, totally, wholly. Similar words: retirement, unrelentingly, tire, retire, retired, rely, barely, sentiment. Meaning: [-lɪ] adv. 1. to a complete degree or to the full or entire extent (`whole' is often used informally for `wholly') 2. without any others being included or involved.
Random good picture Not show
1. No artist of performer can entirely escape the lure of fame and its promise of endless admiration and respect, but there is a heavy price one must pay for it.
2. My line of work is entirely unrelated to politics.
3. The mountain area is covered entirely in dense jungle.
4. The sofa was entirely occupied by two large cats.
5. He resigned himself entirely to his wife's will.
6. The announcement was not entirely unexpected.
7. As babies, we rely entirely on others for food.
8. Fraud is an entirely different matter.
9. The committee was composed entirely of specialists.
10. Her confidence in him was entirely misplaced.
11. Don remained entirely subservient to his father.
12. Our situation is entirely different.
13. An entirely rigid system is impractical.
14. Their attempts had not been entirely successful.
15. The names of the shops are entirely fictional.
16. The ending of the book was entirely predictable.
17. I leave it entirely to ur kind consideratior.
18. You mistook my meaning entirely.
19. The building is roofed entirely with translucent corrugated plastic.
20. They communicated entirely by gesture.
21. He was entirely misled by her words.
22. I don't think you are being entirely truthful.
23. These problems were never entirely overcome.
24. The plan is entirely without merit.
25. For entirely practical reasons, children are not invited.
26. She devoted herself entirely to her work.
27. The gossip about her later proved to be entirely false.
28. Her disappointing exam results are entirely due to her inattention in class.
28. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and build good sentences.
29. The police are not always entirely blameless in these matters.
30. They relied entirely on these few weapons for their defence.
More similar words: retirement, unrelentingly, tire, retire, retired, rely, barely, sentiment, rely on, severely, relatively, entity, requirement, mention, entitle, identity, identify, parenting, incentive, enticing, twentieth, scientist, identical, attention, continent, invention, essentially, prevention, scientific, potentially.