Synonym: maul, sledge. Similar words: hammer, ledge, ledger, pledge, stammer, pledged, knowledge, unfledged. Meaning: n. a heavy long-handled hammer used to drive stakes or wedges. v. beat with a sledgehammer.
Random good picture Not show
1. She hit the nail with a sledgehammer.
2. They accused the Prime Minister of using sledgehammer tactics.
3. She killed him by a sledgehammer.
4. I used a sledgehammer to drive the pegs into the ground.
5. She picked up the sledgehammer and began banging away with enthusiasm.
6. That's the heavy sledgehammer that Blake is swinging.
7. No gas, no needle, no sledgehammer.
8. On one occasion workmen using a sledgehammer across the street warbled along with the star after hearing Helen's tape.
9. The man raised the sledgehammer high above his head and brought it down.
10. A West Berliner swings a sledgehammer near Potsdamer Platz while onlookers applaud on Nov. 12.
11. He even smashed a fridge with a sledgehammer on his own.
12. I only called you up to show the sledgehammer is real!
12. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and build good sentences.
13. In it was Tony Blair with a sledgehammer and a room full of rocks.
14. Fifty police officers to arrest two unarmed men is surely a case of using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.
15. Printing visiting cards on a thirty - inch press is using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.
16. It was a small and peaceful demonstration so I don't know why there was such a big police presence. It was like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.
17. Four great panthers crash into them at the pavement with a thud like a sledgehammer hitting a mudflat.
18. For instance, many people learn in high school that alcohol is a depressant-a kind of chemical sledgehammer for the mind.
19. The lock shattered with a single blow of the sledgehammer and they were in.
20. If that is true, he is waving a magic wand with a sledgehammer on the end.
21. She felt as if some one had taken a swing at her with a sledgehammer(sentencedict.com), but didn't fall off her stool.
22. They tried to hit the symbolic spikes with a sledgehammer wired to telegraph the event of the blow, but they failed.
23. In consequence, by mid-afternoon, exhaustion levelled her with a sledgehammer blow.
24. Grandmother Sylvia Pye is breaking up wood with a sledgehammer at the roadside.
25. The principle of proportionality - do not use a sledgehammer to crack a nut - is straight forward logic.
26. Printing business cards on a thirty - inch press is using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.
27. SOMETIMES the only way to crack a nut is with a sledgehammer.
28. The conjurer threw the watch into the mortar and grasped a sledgehammer from the table.
29. No performance numbers have been released but expect sprint times to match or come close to Switzer 's previous Sledgehammer Porsche 911 upgrade.
30. Annie Wilkes: [ Right after smashing Paul's ankles with a sledgehammer ] God I love you.
More similar words: hammer, ledge, ledger, pledge, stammer, pledged, knowledge, unfledged, acknowledge, untrammeled, untrammelled, knowledgeable, general ledger, acknowledgement, subsidiary ledger, muhammad, edge, hedge, sedge, wedge, edged, dredge, crammed, sled, programme, hedge fund, misled, cutting edge, dogsled, fledgling.