Synonym: chemical element, component, constituent, factor, ingredient. Similar words: elementary, finite element, implement, settlement, implementation, commencement, basement, movement. Meaning: ['elɪmənt] n. 1. an abstract part of something 2. any of the more than 100 known substances (of which 92 occur naturally) that cannot be separated into simpler substances and that singly or in combination constitute all matter 3. an artifact that is one of the individual parts of which a composite entity is made up; especially a part that can be separated from or attached to a system 4. one of four substances thought in ancient and medieval cosmology to constitute the physical universe 5. the most favorable environment for a plant or animal 6. the situation in which you are happiest and most effective 7. a straight line that generates a cylinder or cone.
Random good picture Not show
2. Justice is an important element of good government.
3. He was the discoverer of the element radium.
4. Any business venture contains an element of risk.
5. Any investment involves an element of risk.
6. Customer relations is an important element of the job.
7. The victim's conduct had involved an element of provocation.
8. Cost was a key element in our decision.
9. Honesty is a vital element of her success.
10. Natural selection is a key element of Darwin's theory of evolution.
11. There is an element of truth in what you say.
12. His testimony was an important element of the Prosecution case.
13. The promise of tax cuts became the dominant element in the campaign.
14. The chronological sequence gives the book an element of structure.
15. There is not the least element of truth in his account of what happened.
16. What is the main element that decides the distribution of wealth?
17. There is an element of compulsion in the new scheme for the unemployed.
18. Carbon is an element,(Sentence dictionary) while carbon dioxide is a compound.
19. It introduced an element of randomness to the situation.
20. I feel out of my element talking about politics.
21. The kettle needs a new element.
22. Each element is mathematically coupled to its neighbours.
23. There's always an element of danger in mountain climbing.
24. My stepmother was in her element,(sentencedict.com) organizing everything.
25. The element of risk just adds excitement.
26. There's always an element of subjectivity in decision-making.
27. I'm out of my element in political discussions.
28. The operation carries an element of risk.
29. Diamond is the crystalline form of the element carbon.
30. He had one potentially decisive factor in his favour: the element of surprise.
More similar words: elementary, finite element, implement, settlement, implementation, commencement, basement, movement, placement, statement, enforcement, excitement, management, engagement, retirement, arrangement, replacement, chastisement, measurement, requirement, involvement, announcement, advertisement, amendment, entertainment, sentiment, tremendous, moment, mentor, comment.