Synonym: closure, colonisation, colonization, colony, liquidation, resolution, small town, village. Similar words: settle, settle for, settle down, element, implement, elementary, finite element, implementation. Meaning: ['setlmənt] n. 1. a body of people who settle far from home but maintain ties with their homeland; inhabitants remain nationals of their home state but are not literally under the home state's system of government 2. a community of people smaller than a town 3. a conclusive resolution of a matter and disposition of it 4. the act of colonizing; the establishment of colonies 5. something settled or resolved; the outcome of decision making 6. an area where a group of families live together 7. termination of a business operation by using its assets to discharge its liabilities.
Random good picture Not show
1. Our objective must be to secure a peace settlement.
2. Hopes of a peace settlement are now fading.
3. The terms of settlement seem just.
4. He mediated a settlement between labor and management.
5. They mediated a settlement between labour and management.
6. The media played up the prospects for a settlement.
7. A peaceable settlement has been reached.
8. The cave contained evidences of prehistoric settlement.
9. This settlement was founded in 1592.
10. The peace settlement effectively acknowledged the country's independence.
11. The strikers have reached a settlement with the employers.
12. Hopes of a peace settlement are beginning to fade.
13. Hopes of a peace settlement were fading fast.
14. They hope for a peaceful settlement of the dispute.
15. The settlement of Africa by white people started 500 years ago.
16. Nurses refused to accept a pay settlement less than the rate of inflation.
17. They were able to achieve a settlement without using military force.
18. The management and unions have reached a settlement over new working conditions.
19. The settlement of his debts took him several months.
20. Lawyers are seeking an out-of-court settlement.
21. The two countries are negotiating for a peaceful settlement.
22. The problem is ripe for settlement.
23. The two parties have reached an amicable settlement.
24. Settlement is made monthly by direct debit.
25. I enclose a cheque in settlement of your claim.
26. I enclose a cheque in settlement of your account.
27. A settlement was reached after lengthy negotiations.
28. She accepted an out-of-court settlement of ￡4[sentencedict.com],000.
29. Union leaders and company bosses will meet tomorrow in an attempt to reach a settlement .
30. They failed to agree on the terms of a settlement.
More similar words: settle, settle for, settle down, element, implement, elementary, finite element, implementation, unsettling, commencement, movement, basement, little by little, placement, statement, management, retirement, enforcement, engagement, excitement, replacement, measurement, requirement, arrangement, involvement, chastisement, announcement, advertisement, little, cattle.