Synonym: apparent motion, apparent movement, bm, bowel movement, campaign, cause, crusade, drift, drive, effort, front, motility, motion, move, social movement, trend. Similar words: involvement, commencement, element, basement, statement, implement, placement, settlement. Meaning: ['muːvmənt] n. 1. a change of position that does not entail a change of location 2. a natural event that involves a change in the position or location of something 3. the act of changing location from one place to another 4. a group of people with a common ideology who try together to achieve certain general goals 5. a major self-contained part of a symphony or sonata 6. a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end 7. an optical illusion of motion produced by viewing a rapid succession of still pictures of a moving object 8. a euphemism for defecation 9. a general tendency to change (as of opinion) 10. the driving and regulating parts of a mechanism (as of a watch or clock) 11. the act of changing the location of something.
Random good picture Not show
1. She is a forerunner of the modern women's movement.
2. The slow movement is wonderfully moody and rhapsodic.
3. Movement can be painful when you've hurt your back.
4. Loose clothing gives you greater freedom of movement.
5. A sudden movement caught my eye.
6. The piece ends with a truly poetic slow movement.
7. He was the virtual leader of the movement.
8. They cooperated in the movement.
9. They were watching her every movement.
10. The shareholder rights movement has two prongs.
11. The movement of the train lulled me to sleep.
12. She is alert to every sound and movement.
13. The movement rapidly gained ground.
14. Activists had infiltrated the student movement.
15. Downward movement is much faster than upward one.
16. He rose to his feet in one swift movement.
17. Troy watched her every movement.
18. Bulky clothes tend to hinder movement.
19. There was a sudden movement in the undergrowth.
20. Do you know anything about the revolutionary movement?
21. The slow movement opens with a cello solo.
22. Mendes led a movement to stop destruction of the rain forest.
23. The sudden movement of the ship knocked them both off balance.
24. The rapid movement of an object towards the eye triggers the blink reflex.
25. he sands in your way beg for your song and your movement,(sentencedict .com) dancingwater. Will you carry the burden of their lameness?
26. Fashion is not only a kind of appearance, or an inner, popular may not be suitable for you, but according to their own characteristics to dress up yourself, you belong to that kind, mature, lady, or simple and natural, or pure, or movement, a fact that can all be fashionable.
27. The trust, which has 2.3 million members, has been characterised as a sleeping giant of the environment movement.
28. Alexei rose to his feet with a single effortless movement.
29. Video cameras with night vision can be activated by movement.
30. Astrology and alternative medicine are part of the New Age movement.
More similar words: involvement, commencement, element, basement, statement, implement, placement, settlement, management, retirement, elementary, enforcement, engagement, excitement, measurement, chastisement, replacement, requirement, arrangement, government, announcement, advertisement, finite element, implementation, move, remove, move on, amendment, entertainment, sentiment.