Similar words: plea, lead, lead to, leader, leading, lead up to, take the lead, leadership. Meaning: [plɪːd] v. 1. appeal or request earnestly 2. offer as an excuse or plea 3. enter a plea, as in courts of law 4. make an allegation in an action or other legal proceeding, especially answer the previous pleading of the other party by denying facts therein stated or by alleging new facts.
Random good picture Not show
1. I was forced to plead for my child's life.
2. They will plead with him to pull back from confrontation.
3. I plead innocent, your Honour.
4. He will plead in court.
5. He had a good lawyer to plead his case.
6. His mother did her best to plead his case.
7. She appeared on television to plead with the kidnappers.
8. They hired a top lawyer to plead their case.
9. The accused was deemed unfit to plead.
10. He advised his client to plead insanity .
11. They made her plead madness.
12. Mr. Jones will plead for you in this case.
13. He appeared before the Committee to plead his case.
14. He was encouraged to plead guilty to the lesser offence.
15. She appeared on television to plead the cause of political prisoners everywhere.
16. "I plead the Fifth", Jack said,(http://sentencedict.com) when his wife wanted to know where he had been.
17. How do you plead?
18. He is one of the reservists who will plead not guilty when their cases come up.
19. Prisoner at the bar, do you plead guilty or not guilty?
20. It was no defence to plead that they were only obeying orders.
21. Are you ready to plead against the case offered by the defendant?
22. Could she plead with mummy to get Gail?
23. He plead guilty and was fined $ 240.
24. Parties to disputes had to plead their own cases.
25. I can only plead, in mitigation, inexperience.
26. He's going to plead my health and my state.
27. The woman charged with murder was said to be mad and unfit to plead.
28. What poetic justice that Brady has to go to court to plead to be allowed to die, just like his innocent victims pleaded to be allowed to live.
29. They employed the best lawyer they could get to plead their case.
30. I'msorry I didn't answer your letter - I can only plead forgetfulness.
More similar words: plea, lead, lead to, leader, leading, lead up to, take the lead, leadership, apple, couple, complex, temple, sample, people, purple, multiple, principle, a couple of, for example, complexity, implement, leap, lean, read, head, leave, leather, least, learn, clear.