Synonym: close to, just about, nearly. Similar words: salmon, most, at most, mostly, first and foremost, palm, realm, alma mater. Meaning: ['ɔːlməʊst] adv. (of actions or states) slightly short of or not quite accomplished.
Random good picture Not show
(3) Singularity is almost invariably a clue. The more featureless and commonplace a crime is, the more difficult is it to bring it home.
(4) In almost every face and every person, they may discover fine feathers and defects, good and bad qualities.
(7) The pain was almost too great to endure.
(8) He had been miraculously saved from almost certain death.
(9) I'm so thirsty I'm almost dying for a cuppa.
(10) He was almost speechless with anger.
(11) He wrote to her almost daily.
(12) Though she's almost 40(sentencedict.com), she still plans to compete.
(13) Women now represent almost 50% of the workforce.
(14) The explosion was almost simultaneous with the announcement.
(15) The man was almost incoherent with fear.
(16) The horse was almost pure white in colour.
(17) This illness is fatal in almost all cases.
(18) She almost choked to death in the thick fumes.
(19) The air conditioner droned almost inaudibly.
(20) I feel almost ashamed that I've been so lucky.
(21) It's a mistake they almost always make.
(22) With his long dark eyelashes, he looked almost feminine.
(23) The pain was almost more than he could bear.
(24) She gazed at the body with almost clinical detachment.
(25) His enthusiasm for aerobics was almost fanatical.
(26) The urge to look was almost overwhelming.
(27) Without treatment, she will almost certainly die.
(28) Most spiders weave webs that are almost invisible.
(29) Her expression became soft, almost tender.
(30) Almost every family in the country owns a television.
More similar words: salmon, most, at most, mostly, first and foremost, palm, realm, alma mater, atmosphere, host, cost, ghost, boost, poster, costly, foster, post-war, hostile, costume, hostage, at any cost, at all costs, at the cost of, the cost of living.