Synonym: Andrew D. White, Andrew Dickson White, Caucasian, E. B. White, Edward D. White, Edward Douglas White Jr., Edward White, Elwyn Brooks White, Patrick Victor Martindale White, Patrick White, Stanford White, T. H. White, Theodore Harold White, White, White River, albumen, ashen, blanched, blank, bloodless, clean, egg white, flannel, gabardine, lily-white, livid, ovalbumin, snowy, tweed, white person, white-hot, whiten, whitened, whiteness. Similar words: the White House, whither, architect, architecture, hit, shit, whip, which. Meaning: [hwaɪt /w-] n. 1. a member of the Caucasoid race 2. the quality or state of the achromatic color of greatest lightness (bearing the least resemblance to black) 3. United States jurist appointed chief justice of the United States Supreme Court in 1910 by President Taft; noted for his work on antitrust legislation (1845-1921) 4. Australian writer (1912-1990) 5. United States political journalist (1915-1986) 6. United States architect (1853-1906) 7. United States writer noted for his humorous essays (1899-1985) 8. United States educator who in 1865 (with Ezra Cornell) founded Cornell University and served as its first president (1832-1918) 9. a tributary of the Mississippi River that flows southeastward through northern Arkansas and southern Missouri 10. the white part of an egg; the nutritive and protective gelatinous substance surrounding the yolk consisting mainly of albumin dissolved in water 11. (board games) the lighter pieces 12. (usually in the plural) trousers made of flannel or gabardine or tweed or white cloth. v. turn white. adj. 1. being of the achromatic color of maximum lightness; having little or no hue owing to reflection of almost all incident light 2. of or belonging to a racial group having light skin coloration 3. free from moral blemish or impurity; unsullied 4. marked by the presence of snow 5. restricted to whites only 6. glowing white with heat 7. benevolent; without malicious intent 8. (of a surface) not written or printed on 9. (of coffee) having cream or milk added 10. (of hair) having lost its color 11. anemic looking from illness or emotion 12. of summer nights in northern latitudes where the sun barely sets.
Random good picture Not show
6. Her skin was as white as snow.
7. Gray is intermediate between black and white.
8. She bought a new white mop.
8. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and build good sentences.
9. He served a light white wine with the lunch.
10. Our first speaker tonight is Mr. White.
11. The dome was supported by white marble columns.
12. A white car rocketed out of the school gate.
13. The pictures were in black and white.
14. The White House was swift to deny the rumours.
15. Her smile revealed a row of white, even teeth.
16. The plant produced a single white bloom.
17. Do you want red or white?
18. Angels are usually shown in pictures dressed in white.
19. The red horse walks away from the white one.
20. My shirt is more ivory colour than white.
21. The horse was almost pure white in colour.
22. On high the great white clouds slid swiftly.
23. Call back white and white back.
24. The meeting was chaired by schoolmaster Mr White.
25. The room was painted white,with green shutters.
26. Dr White will see you now, Miss Carter.
27. I wore a white dress and was barefoot.
28. It can white out the black letter on paper.
29. His hair was as white as snow.