Synonym: bind, catch, clasp, clip, crook, fasten, hanger, latch, snap, snare, trap, wire. Similar words: shoot, school, choose, shoot up, shooting, at school, in school, likelihood. Meaning: [hʊk] n. 1. a catch for locking a door 2. a sharp curve or crook; a shape resembling a hook 3. anything that serves as an enticement 4. a mechanical device that is curved or bent to suspend or hold or pull something 5. a curved or bent implement for suspending or pulling something 6. a golf shot that curves to the left for a right-handed golfer 7. a short swinging punch delivered from the side with the elbow bent 8. a basketball shot made over the head with the hand that is farther from the basket. v. 1. fasten with a hook 2. rip off; ask an unreasonable price 3. make a piece of needlework by interlocking and looping thread with a hooked needle 4. hit a ball and put a spin on it so that it travels to the left 5. take by theft 6. make off with belongings of others 7. hit with a hook 8. catch with a hook 9. to cause (someone or oneself) to become dependent (on something, especially a narcotic drug) 10. secure with the foot 11. entice and trap 12. approach with an offer of sexual favors.
Random good picture Not show
(1) Hang your towel on a hook.
(2) Hang your hat on the hook.
(3) Hang your coat up on the hook.
(4) Hang your towel on that hook.
(5) You can hook up the dress at the back.
(6) I hung my coat on a hook.
(7) The bait hides the hook.
(8) He baited his hook with pie.
(9) Hang your clothes on the hook.
(10) Philip hung his coat on a hook behind the door.
(11) He hung his coat on the hook behind the door.
(12) Tom hung his coat on the hook behind the door.
(13) He left the phone off the hook so that he wouldn't be disturbed.
(14) Who's who of the hook, and who is who of redemption.
(15) The hook which he had thrown did not catch on the rocks(Sentencedict), and dropped back to the ground.
(16) Can we hook up to the electricity supply at the campsite?
(17) He downed the champion with a left hook.
(18) My raincoat was caught up on the hook.
(19) Bait your hook with a worm.
(20) We'll have to screw a hook into the wall.
(21) It fastens with a hook and eye.
(22) She told him to sling his hook.
(23) She hung her coat on a hook.
(24) Hang your coat on that hook.
(25) He smote his match to the ground with a left hook.
(26) One of the most basic requirements for any form of angling is a sharp hook.
(27) She took a deep breath and lifted the receiver off its hook.
(28) With a fine disregard for geography, she decided to start her journey to Paris by sailing to the Hook of Holland.
(29) As the fish snaps at the bait, it gets caught on the hook.
(30) She took off her overcoat and hanged it on the hook.
More similar words: shoot, school, choose, shoot up, shooting, at school, in school, likelihood, look, book, after school, neighborhood, look in, look up, look to, look out, look on, look for, book for, look at, cookie, notebook, look into, overlook, look over, look down on, textbook, look back, look after, look through.