Synonym: chieftain, headwaiter, maitre d', maitre d'hotel, master, police captain, police chief, sea captain, senior pilot, skipper. Similar words: capture, maintain, retain, obtain, contain, curtain, certain, sustain. Meaning: ['kæptɪn] n. 1. an officer holding a rank below a major but above a lieutenant 2. the naval officer in command of a military ship 3. a policeman in charge of a precinct 4. an officer who is licensed to command a merchant ship 5. the leader of a group of people 6. the pilot in charge of an airship 7. a dining-room attendant who is in charge of the waiters and the seating of customers. v. be the captain of a sports team.
Random good picture Not show
1. The captain wants to inspect your kit.
2. The captain bawled out the orders.
3. The captain gave the order to abandon ship.
4. The team captain vainly tried to rally his troops.
5. The winning captain held the trophy in the air.
6. The captain always keeps a log .
7. A captain is inferior to a major.
8. The captain was promoted to the rank of major.
9. He doubled as captain and coach of the team.
10. The captain victualed his ship for the voyage.
11. He was a generally unpopular choice for captain.
12. The Captain and crew welcome you aboard.
13. The captain commanded the ship.
14. He was promoted to the rank of captain.
15. They appointed him captain of the English team.
16. The captain bawled for the sergeant.
17. The captain demanded obedience from his men.
18. The captain applied to headquarters for a transfer.
18. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
19. The rank of captain is inferior.
20. He led a mutiny against the captain.
21. The captain refused to leave the ship.
22. He has decided to step down as captain of the team.
23. A captain in the navy ranks above a captain in the army.
24. The captain did his best to foster a sense of unity among the new recruits.
25. She made a 1:5 scale replica of Captain Cook's ship,[sentencedict.com]'The Endeavour '.
26. As soon as the bell rang, the captain gave orders to cast off, and the voyage began.
27. This is your captain speaking. We expect to be landing at London Heathrow in an hour's time.
28. Their captain was sent off for a high tackle on Cooper.
29. Geoff was too much of an individualist to be team captain.
30. He has just been promoted to the rank of captain.
More similar words: capture, maintain, retain, obtain, contain, curtain, certain, sustain, uncertain, for certain, retaining, certainly, container, sustainable, uncertainty, certainly not, entertainment, adapt, acceptable, acceptance, Cap., cap, chapter, adapt to, capita, capital, landscape, capability, stair, detail.