Synonym: Providence, capital of Rhode Island. Similar words: provident, provide, provided, provider, evidence, province, incidence, residence. Meaning: ['prɑvɪdəns /'prɒ-] n. 1. the capital and largest city of Rhode Island; located in northeastern Rhode Island on Narragansett Bay; site of Brown University 2. the guardianship and control exercised by a deity 3. a manifestation of God's foresightful care for his creatures 4. the prudence and care exercised by someone in the management of resources.
Random good picture Not show
3. Her recovery was a special providence of God.
4. She believed her suffering was sent by providence.
5. It seemed like providence that the doctor happened to be passing just at the time of the accident.
6. Providence saw fit to favour me with wonderful in-laws.
7. You know Steve president of the Providence Company.
8. Instead, Kasper will recall a goaltender from Providence.
9. We thought there was some sort of divine providence which would somehow or other get us away.
10. That is why the divine providence revealed himself in story.
11. But divine providence interceded, for the wheel broke, the spikes flying off and injuring many bystanders.
12. In 1978, in Providence, Rhode Island, disturbances broke out after an unexplained murder of a black man by police.
13. A year ago, in a 71-69 loss at Providence, Abrams committed a critical turnover that wound up being the difference.
14. I awaken each morning and thank Providence for my good fortune in doing work I love.
15. Y., to Providence, ran aground Friday afternoon after the tugboat pushing it was disabled by an unexplained explosion.
16. When Bud fires up the cast-iron Providence wood stove, a faint recollection of chickens emanates from the floor.
17. Without wishing to tempt providence in any way, we appear to have got away lighting in so far as Winter is concerned.
18. The despot claimed to be the chosen instrument of divine providence.
19. To act as you have done is to fly in the face of Providence.
20. These women regard his death as an act of providence.
21. It does not belong to a mere fallible human being to question the ways of divine providence.
21. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
22. Although they worked through institutions, they had no regular sources of income and were entirely dependent on providence.
23. And pity the team that underestimates rebounding terror Michael Smith of Providence.
24. Such is what the traditional doctrines of divine omnipotence, preservation and providence are really saying.
25. His followers are to trust in the goodness and providence of their heavenly father and abandon their care about the material world.
26. Mule Skinner had no qualms about taking full credit for an act of providence, thought the rector.
27. In so far as Jupiter survived he was the personification of Providence or Destiny.
28. We start in ten days and I firmly rely on the goodness of Providence to grant me a safe and prosperous passage.
29. Her routine has been updated this year from the Providence nationals.
30. He has no chance to catch Eric Murdock of Providence, who had 376.
More similar words: provident, provide, provided, provider, evidence, province, incidence, residence, coincidence, confidence, provision, provincial, evident, improvisation, presidency, credence, decadence, impudence, independence, declaration of independence, video, divide, undivided, prove, proven, intelligence agency, provoke, proverb, approve, improved.