Random good picture Not show
1. My ambition was to travel upwards in the ecclesiastical hierarchy.
2. There was a range of opinion within the ecclesiastical hierarchy on the issue.
3. Aelfwald was certainly involved with Northumbrian ecclesiastical developments.
4. He had also done homage for his ecclesiastical lands.
5. He was helped by ecclesiastical wealth and power.
6. But these ecclesiastical histories appealed to restricted, educated circles.
7. These were all implicit attacks upon higher ecclesiastical authority.
8. Oh, the usual. Perform ecclesiastical duties.
9. Direct royal involvement in ecclesiastical affairs intensified from the middle years of the decade.
10. The church militant, and indeed all ecclesiastical and monastic institutions, possessed libraries and were repositories of learning.
11. Hymns were sung in the vernacular, ecclesiastical corruption and the worship of images were renounced.
12. The newly elected prelate still needed ecclesiastical consecration before he could exercise his pastoral functions.
13. Appeal to ecclesiastical censure as a way of explaining the misfortunes of scientific theories is a card that can be overplayed.
14. Hugh accepted this position at the insistence of ecclesiastical authorities.
15. Others were appointed to sees from ecclesiastical establishments - monasteries in every case but one - within the diocese concerned.
16. These conclusions were already familiar enough to the ecclesiastical establishment, many of whom readily accepted them.
17. What aspects of our ecclesiastical tradition facilitate and what create a barrier to our communication attempts?
18. Heresy provided a threat to civil as well as ecclesiastical order, to political settlement and to peace.
19. It also contained an immense number of domestic servants and other members of royal, baronial and ecclesiastical households.
20. Many such minsters were on royal or major ancient ecclesiastical estates, often at the caputs of such estates.
21. The anti-investiture decree, however great its symbolic importance(Sentence dictionary), did little to diminish the power of lay rulers over ecclesiastical appointments.
22. In short, the deposition only serves to underline the limitations of ecclesiastical initiative and power in politics.
23. The reason given by the king was the disturbed state of the kingdom which prevented his attending to ecclesiastical business.
24. Clerics who watched the old establishment crumbling found it difficult to enter an ecclesiastical free market.
25. He failed because he could not carry his sergeants with him and because of the jealousy of ecclesiastical Santiago against mercantile Corunna.
26. Some idea of status has to be obtained, therefore, if the local ecclesiastical hierarchy is to be understood.
27. Being published, originally, in 1655-73 it is of the greatest importance in connection with ecclesiastical buildings up to that time.
28. A fundamental issue was whether religious authority was ultimately vested in an ecclesiastical succession or in the Bible alone.
29. Furthermore many fine pieces remain in use today as regalia or ecclesiastical accessories.
30. Marriage was expected to last for life and adultery and fornication were punished in the ecclesiastical courts.
More similar words: enthusiastically, enthusiastic, drastically, mystical, statistical, euphemistically, plastic, fantastic, bombastic, vertical, critical, gymnastics, sceptical, political, skeptical, identical, fanatical, statically, practical, erratically, practically, theoretical, politically, sabbatical, elliptical, fanatically, pathetically, hypothetical, grammatical, dramatically.