Similar words: aesthetically, hypothetically, pathetic, empathetic, sympathetic, hypothetical, rhetorically, statically. Meaning: adv. 1. in a manner arousing sympathy and compassion 2. arousing scornful pity.
Random good picture Not show
1. A half-starved dog lay in the corner, whimpering pathetically.
2. His head flopped back pathetically.
3. Other former captives spoke of pathetically inadequate food rations.
4. My parents' advice on sex was pathetically inadequate.
5. His answers were pathetically inadequate.
6. He was slouched pathetically against a boulder, his face turned shamefully to be the ground.
7. The Abyssinians fought with outstanding courage but inflicted pathetically few casualties.
8. The music press scrambled around, at times rather pathetically,[sentencedict.com/pathetically.html] to grasp hold of the truth.
9. It was pathetically inadequate for the poor and totally irrelevant for everyone else.
10. The human psyche is so pathetically insecure that we would rather die of lung cancer than confront an uncomfortable situation.
11. His Milton and Dante fetch pathetically small sums in comparison with the labour and skill they cost.
12. Although he pathetically offered me an apology, I remained adamant until we struck a compromise.
13. She was pathetically thin.
14. They had pathetically little money.
15. The sick child cried pathetically.
16. Shopping in Parknshop in campus is an entertainment, pathetically.
17. Yes, yes. So pathetically trustworthy, you Americans.
18. There were beggars everywhere, pathetically stretching their hands out to passers - by.
19. I wrote it as fervent and pathetically as I could.
20. You smiled a pathetically , for covering up oneself the powder body ground bone of the heart.
21. It was pathetically bad.
22. Five women in a group of 18 people is a pathetically small number.
23. And no penitent in a confessional could have unburdened herself more pathetically than did my Maman that afternoon.
24. In any case the number of dwellings actually completed by 1950 was pathetically small, and housing shortages were felt acutely elsewhere.
25. Before long, I saw more signs of agriculture, on a pathetically primitive level.
26. When the red-haired soldier yanked Parslina by the tail, we booed, and Parslina squealed pathetically.
27. Although I admit few people would vie for the pathetically normal moniker without at least a double shot of truth serum.
28. " Poor fellow, " read Carrie, consulting the text and drawing her voice out pathetically.
29. ( Lady Catherine wished Darcy to marry her own daughter, a pathetically listless and unattractive girl. ).
30. Difficult way one day there will, purely true love can the true be called pathetically?
More similar words: aesthetically, hypothetically, pathetic, empathetic, sympathetic, hypothetical, rhetorically, statically, theoretical, politically, drastically, practically, erratically, fanatically, dramatically, alphabetical, automatically, grammatically, systematically, euphemistically, enthusiastically, synthetic, aesthetic, aesthetics, prosthetic, prophetic, anesthetic, kinesthetic, athletic, comically.