Antonym: affirmation. Similar words: allegation, negotiation, negate, obligation, mitigation, investigation, ratification, gratification. Meaning: [nɪ'geɪʃn] n. 1. a negative statement; a statement that is a refusal or denial of some other statement 2. the speech act of negating 3. (logic) a proposition that is true if and only if another proposition is false.
Random good picture Not show
(1) Unintelligible legislation is the negation of the rule of law and of parliamentary democracy.
(2) Much of what passes for Christianity is a negation of Christ's teachings.
(3) The author boxed the compass of negation in his article.
(4) This political system was the negation of democracy.
(5) Irena shook her head, but in bewilderment, not negation.
(6) She shook her head in negation.
(7) This theory is a negation of all traditional beliefs.
(8) No reasonable negation can be offered.
(9) He shook his head in silent negation.
(10) Shaking the head is a sign of negation.
(11) This is negation, not support.
(12) Affirmation depends on negation: white is valued at the expense of black; youth acquires status through the devaluation of ageing.
(13) In the first it is the negation of desire, in the second, of the culturally defined other of cultural difference.
(14) Evolution by natural selection is' the direct negation of organic growth.
(15) Such knowledge by itself leads to a Buddhistic negation of the will.
(16) Comprehension of negative sentences is facilitated when negation is being used to fulfil one of these functions.
(17) Perhaps Louis was also stung by the threatened negation of his own youthful exploits on the March.
(18) Doing without negation is a particularly helpful feature(http://Sentencedict.com), for a reason which will be explained below.
(19) A negation is profound talking.
(20) Metalinguistic Negation is a very common Phenomenon.
(21) The editor grimaced[sentencedict.com], gesturing in negation.
(22) The foundation of all determinateness is negation.
(23) Consensus is the negation of leadership.
(24) This kind of negation is metalinguistic negation.
(25) Apodeictic : affirmation or negation is taken as necessary.
(26) Performs logical negation on an expression.
(27) The life of an evil man is a moral negation.
(28) This is a perfect example of the mechanism of negation as postulated by Sigmund Freud.
(29) The so-called secondary categories consist of almost equally linguistic concepts: negation and opposition, comparatives, modes, and so on.
(30) Just as unceasingly are the sounds of argumentation and negation to be heard.
More similar words: allegation, negotiation, negate, obligation, mitigation, investigation, ratification, gratification, nation, creation, operation, location, education, formation, donation, national, equation, relation, zonation, probation, denotation, damnation, alleviation, agitation, migration, sensation, isolation, variation, radiation, violation.