Synonym: amazing, astounding, staggering, stupefying. Similar words: astonish, astonished, astonishment, fishing, admonish, neoplatonism, burst out laughing, living thing. Meaning: [-ʃɪŋ] adj. 1. surprising greatly 2. so surprisingly impressive as to stun or overwhelm.
Random good picture Not show
1. The new houses have been built with astonishing speed.
2. She ran 100m in an astonishing 10.9 seconds.
3. The ease with which she learns languages is astonishing.
4. I find it absolutely astonishing that you didn't like it.
5. The astonishing similarity between my brother and my first-born son.
6. His facility for languages is astonishing.
7. Jaguars can move with an astonishing velocity.
8. Old people often have astonishing powers of recall.
9. The results are little short of astonishing.
10. Gazelles can movewith astonishing velocity.
11. Her first novel enjoyed an astonishing success.
12. I find his attitude absolutely astonishing.
13. Ellen's familiarity with pop music is astonishing.
14. Her writing shows astonishing depth.
14. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
15. China has registered astonishing economic progress.
16. He showed an astonishing breadth of learning for one so young.
17. It seems astonishing that Bond got away with so much jiggery-pokery for as long as he did.
18. There were an astonishing number of applicants for the job.
19. It's astonishing that these criminals are free to walk the streets with impunity.
20. I find it quite astonishing that none of you liked the play.
21. He can perform an astonishing variety of acts, including mime and juggling.
22. He became famous as an inventor of astonishing visual and aural effects.
23. His achievement is astonishing and this book is the jewel in his crown.
24. His ability to absorb information was astonishing, but his concentration span was short.
25. I find it astonishing that he should be so rude to you.
26. Borrowing is set to soar to an astonishing ￡60 billion.
27. His first hit record marked the onset of an astonishing career.
28. Facing each other, the giraffes were managing to entwine their necks in the most astonishing manner.
29. Interviews with politicians were juxtaposed with news items of quite astonishing triviality.
30. That he should speak to you like that is quite astonishing.
More similar words: astonish, astonished, astonishment, fishing, admonish, neoplatonism, burst out laughing, living thing, cash in, stone, cash in on, rest on, antagonism, antagonist, vanish, finish, punish, as to, milestone, furnish, clownish, tarnish, garnish, burnish, Spanish, finnish, burnished, finish up, diminish, cast off.