Synonym: condition, discipline, exercise, instruct, practice, prepare, teach, tool, train. Similar words: brilliant, primarily, dried, drift, drive, driver, drink to, drive up. Meaning: [drɪl] n. 1. a tool with a sharp point and cutting edges for making holes in hard materials (usually rotating rapidly or by repeated blows) 2. similar to the mandrill but smaller and less brightly colored 3. systematic training by multiple repetitions 4. (military) the training of soldiers to march (as in ceremonial parades) or to perform the manual of arms. v. 1. make a hole with a pointed power or hand tool 2. train in the military, e.g., in the use of weapons 3. learn by repetition 4. teach by repetition 5. undergo military training or do military exercises.
Random good picture Not show
1. Drill a hole in each corner.
2. This drill can bore through rock.
3. Drill three holes in the wall for the screws.
4. Sandra winced as the dentist started to drill.
5. The soldiers drill every morning.
6. I need a drill to make a hole.
7. The soldiers have started to drill for water.
8. He was excused from drill.
9. You'll have to drill into the wood before you can fix the shelf.
10. He used a drill to bore a hole in the door.
11. This drill has no bite.
12. The drill has variable speed control.
12. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
13. New recruits have three hours of drill a day.
14. She had to drill to the office .
15. What's the drill for claiming expenses?
16. What's the drill for getting money after four o'clock?
17. Drill a series of holes in the frame.
18. There'll be a fire drill sometime this morning.
19. Drill 20 holes, each 5 cm deep.
20. You should drill some manners into the boy.
21. Lucy is quite handy with a drill!
22. Keep the drill steady while it ascends and descends.
23. A plug had been inserted in the drill hole.
24. They are going to drill for oil nearby.
25. This new drill works a treat on hard metals.
26. There have been proposals to drill for more oil.
27. They probed in/into the mud with a special drill.
28. Are you finished with that drill?
29. The parents often drill some manners into their child.
30. The drill takes about three hours to recharge.