Synonym: amaze, astound, surprise. Antonym: ease, relieve. Similar words: astonished, astonishment, neoplatonism, stone, rest on, finish, vanish, punish. Meaning: [ə'stɒnɪʃ] v. affect with wonder.
Random good picture Not show
1. The new houses have been built with astonishing speed.
2. I was astonished that he was not an Englishman.
3. I was astonished by how much she'd grown.
4. It astonished her that he was able to survive.
5. She ran 100m in an astonishing 10.9 seconds.
6. The ease with which she learns languages is astonishing.
7. She was astonished at his vehemence.
8. She was quite astonished at his rudeness.
9. We were astonished to find the temple still in its original condition.
10. I was astonished when I heard the hospital had burnt down.
11. Her reply astonished me.
12. We were astonished at the news of Joan's sudden death.
13. Saunders said his guest was astonished to find pleasant public parks,(sentencedict.com/astonish.html) nice streets and well-kept houses.
14. I find it absolutely astonishing that you didn't like it.
15. The astonishing similarity between my brother and my first-born son.
16. She looked astonished when she heard the news.
17. He was astonished to learn he'd won the competition.
18. His capacity for learning languages astonished me.
19. When finally published they would astonish everybody.
20. The magican's next trick will astonish you.
21. My news will astonish you.
22. Astonish God with your faith.
23. Above all, it will astonish them.
24. That'll astonish Timothy's weak nerves.
25. The decision makes everybody feels astonish.
26. Facing each other, the giraffes were managing to entwine their necks in the most astonishing manner.
27. Interviews with politicians were juxtaposed with news items of quite astonishing triviality.
28. Always do right - this will gratify some and astonish the rest. Mark Twain
29. The quarterback is the Herschel Walker of his generation, gifted beyond measure, with skills that astonish and results that disappoint.
30. Stan has now rediscovered the fish bed and is currently preparing new specimens to astonish and delight the world.
More similar words: astonished, astonishment, neoplatonism, stone, rest on, finish, vanish, punish, as to, antagonist, antagonism, Spanish, furnish, finnish, clownish, finish up, diminish, pastor, punishment, finish with, onion, ton, tone, get on, agonize, monitor, laconic, chronic, sit on, act on.