Synonym: dim, discolor, dull, fade, soil, stain. Similar words: burnish, furnish, burnished, warning, earnings, carnivorous, early warning, vanish. Meaning: ['tɑrnɪʃ /'tɑː-] n. discoloration of metal surface caused by oxidation. v. make dirty or spotty, as by exposure to air; also used metaphorically.
Random good picture Not show
1) The affair could tarnish the reputation of the prime minister.
2) Gold does not tarnish easily.
3) Moisture leads to the tarnish of the silverware.
4) But it also did not want to tarnish its image as a candidate to host the 2008 Olympic games.
5) Harassment of religion will only tarnish the orthodox church's reputation,(http://sentencedict.com/tarnish.html) while steeling the resistance of persecuted faiths.
6) The letter on Palace notepaper detailed plans to tarnish Di's image.
7) The brass is nice, but it will tarnish really easily.
8) What right had I to tarnish the reputation of an acknowledged war hero and needlessly distress his family?
9) These pessimistic predictions and doubts, however, cannot tarnish facts.
10) Air and moisture tarnish silver.
11) Check cutlery cleanliness,(sentencedict.com) free from tarnish and stained.
12) Not even dishonesty can tarnish the shine of profit.
13) Stainless steel products won't tarnish.
14) He has done more to tarnish the image of America than anyone in history.
15) First, any bad-mouthing could eventually tarnish a mentor's reputation, even if the source is unreliable.
16) Safely and effectively erases heat marks , removes tarnish , rust and corrosion from unlacquered metal surfaces.
17) The tarnish lay thick on the inside of the ring.
18) In natural environment, tarnish was observed on the surface of a commemoration silver coin of China.
19) But the applause dies. tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
20) People often buy stainless steel silverware because it tarnish easily.
21) Edmond, my friend, do not tarnish that noble and pure image the mirror of my heart.
22) Polished aluminium will tarnish quickly and is often sprayed with a clear lacquer seal.
23) Wear cotton gloves when cleaning silver, because the acid in your skin can tarnish the metal.
24) Steffi did snap the whip at those who act unprofessionally and tarnish the image of the sport.
25) The vicious tone does him no credit whatsoever and in fact only serves to tarnish the image of the party.
26) If too many cooks spoil the broth, too many Popes tarnish the faith!
27) Don't use ordinary kitchen foil unless you are willing to replace it seasonally, since it tends to tarnish.
28) Fully - velvet - lined Wooden Jewelry Box ( Hand - painted with N . C . painting ground, solid color finish and anti - tarnish lining ).
29) Seal products brutalize defenseless seal pups, sabotage China's modernization (in moral development), poison and harm Chinese consumers, and tarnish Canadian international image.
More similar words: burnish, furnish, burnished, warning, earnings, carnivorous, early warning, vanish, finish, punish, clownish, finnish, Spanish, astonish, admonish, finish up, diminish, astonished, finish with, punishment, astonishment, totalitarianism, barn, warn, earn, yearn, learn, earnest, learned, turn in.