Synonym: accept, agree, approve of, comply, consent. Antonym: disagreement, disapproval, dissent. Similar words: passenger, essential, essentially, assessment, essentiality, essence, asset, sentiment. Meaning: [ə'sent] n. agreement with a statement or proposal to do something. v. to agree or express agreement.
Random good picture Not show
1. Parliament gave its assent to war.
2. He gave his assent to the proposed legislation.
3. Medicine is, by common assent, a good profession.
4. Once the directors have given their assent to the proposal we can begin.
5. The suggestion was greeted with a murmur of assent.
6. The government gave their assent to the project.
7. The Education Act received the royal assent in 1944.
8. I can never assent to such a request.
9. She nodded her assent to the proposal.
10. There was general assent about his achievements.
11. I translated her silence as assent.
12. The director has given her assent to the proposals.
13. By convention, the Queen gives the Royal Assent to all measures passed by Parliament.
14. He nodded his assent when I asked if I could leave.
15. I couldn't assent to, much less participate in such proceeding.
16. There were murmurs of both assent and dissent from the crowd.
17. She is by common assent, the best person for the job.
18. My father will never assent to my spending a holiday abroad before I'm 16.
19. She smiled in assent.
20. The raising of taxes without the assent of Parliament was declared illegal.
21. Royal assent was given to the Bill in August.
22. You come here and you assent.
22. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
23. Secondly, the other party must give his assent.
24. I can assent to this, but not that.
25. By convention, this assent is always forthcoming.
26. The royal assent has not been refused since 1708.
27. He apparently took my blank-eyed look as an assent.
28. Without hesitation, the assembled citizens roared assent.
29. The new bill passed by Parliament has received Royal Assent.
30. The bill passed in Parliament has now received the Royal Assent .
More similar words: passenger, essential, essentially, assessment, essentiality, essence, asset, sentiment, assess, assert, crevasse, assembly, assemble, assertive, sunglasses, embarrassed, absent, consent, present, sentence, represent, senescent, at present, omnipresent, for the present, presentation, be absent from, assignment, harassment, representation.