Synonym: self-asserting, self-assertive. Similar words: assert, dessert, furtive, supportive, conservative, asset, assess, insert. Meaning: [-tɪv] adj. 1. inclined to bold and confident assertion; aggressively self-assured 2. confidently aggressive.
Random good picture Not show
1. Women have become more assertive in the past decade.
2. Be assertive and spell out exactly how you feel.
3. Be assertive rather than bottle up your anger.
4. You should try and be more assertive.
5. Her son was an energetic, assertive boy, always ready to argue.
6. Dameane Douglas is becoming more assertive on the field.
7. He is big, blond, assertive and aggressive.
8. Jack has a very assertive personality.
9. This is an assertive approach to influencing.
10. Being financially assertive is essential for survival.
11. There was an assertive rap on the door.
12. Those committees will be more assertive.
13. A more assertive leadership could intensify these battles.
14. Those at risk-overly sensitive, poorly assertive children-have not achieved the emotional mastery necessary to be successfully separate from parents.
15. Marks appear weighty and assertive if driven on to the canvas with a painting knife.
16. The importance of self-esteem To be assertive you need to have your self-esteem well anchored.
17. In many of them assertive political leaders are trying to enhance their power.
18. The three categories of passive, aggressive and assertive behaviour are a useful way of differentiating and describing interpersonal communication styles.
19. Alfred is much the more adventurous and assertive of the two.
20. And assertive - as seen in our electronic banking technology.
21. They wanted to be practical, shrewd, assertive, dominating, competitive, critical, and self-controlled.
22. But in being assertive,[sentence dictionary] she is no less a nice person.
23. He has the assertive, husky voice and the confident, forthright manner of an athlete.
24. His play may lack assertive or aggressive themes, and still has a self-absorbed quality.
25. If you really want the promotion, you'll have to be more assertive.
26. They begin to mute their voices, not be as assertive.
27. His lovemaking was different this time, more intense, more assertive as if he was trying to exert some power over her.
28. Moreover, after 1905 the press was increasingly adept at escaping censorship, and it became more assertive.
29. Then they can become integrated people capable of being competitive as well as nurturing, assertive as well as loving.
30. His spiritual life would follow the same unorthodox and aggressively assertive pattern.
More similar words: assert, dessert, furtive, supportive, conservative, asset, assess, insert, desert, assemble, assembly, passenger, assessment, expertise, vertical, exertion, embarrassed, at other times, advertising, advertisement, motive, active, native, massive, incentive, relative, actively, punitive, detective, objective.