Synonym: evidence, grade, indication, line, manifestation, rating, sign. Similar words: market, remark, marker, mark off, mark out, landmark, marketing, supermarket. Meaning: [mɑrk /mɑːk] n. 1. a number or letter indicating quality (especially of a student's performance) 2. a distinguishing symbol 3. a reference point to shoot at 4. a visible indication made on a surface 5. the impression created by doing something unusual or extraordinary that people notice and remember 6. a symbol of disgrace or infamy 7. formerly the basic unit of money in Germany 8. Apostle and companion of Saint Peter; assumed to be the author of the second Gospel 9. a person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of 10. a written or printed symbol (as for punctuation) 11. a perceptible indication of something not immediately apparent (as a visible clue that something has happened) 12. the shortest of the four Gospels in the New Testament 13. an indication of damage 14. a marking that consists of lines that cross each other 15. something that exactly succeeds in achieving its goal. v. 1. attach a tag or label to 2. designate as if by a mark 3. be a distinctive feature, attribute, or trait; sometimes in a very positive sense 4. mark by some ceremony or observation 5. make or leave a mark on 6. to accuse or condemn or openly or formally or brand as disgraceful 7. notice or perceive 8. mark with a scar 9. make small marks into the surface of 10. establish as the highest level or best performance 11. make underscoring marks 12. remove from a list 13. put a check mark on or near or next to 14. assign a grade or rank to, according to one's evaluation 15. insert punctuation marks into.
Random good picture Not show
2. Everyone was curious as to why Mark was leaving.
3. A thousand balloons were released to mark the event.
3. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
4. On your mark, get set, go.
5. Above all, I love Mark Twain.
6. I clapped Mark on the shoulder.
7. The changing seasons mark the passing of time.
8. You don't study hard, thence no good mark.
9. You have a dirty mark on your face.
10. I'd like to introduce my younger son, Mark.
11. He used a rope to mark off the circle.
12. Mark the message 'urgent', please.
13. Mark did a two-year stint in the army.
14. The tides at highest mark regorge the flood.
15. Mark showed no outward signs of distress.
16. The squad leader ordered the men to mark time.
17. I have two brothers, William and Mark.
18. Mark Twain is my favorite author.
19. Mark is a smart and sophisticated young man.
20. Mark was palmed off with a series of excuses.
21. Mark the place on the map.
22. There's a mark on your skirt.
23. Mark has been blind from birth.
24. Mark Antony declaimed over the body of Caesar.
25. Oh, hello. Is Mark there?
26. There is a mark of ink on his shirt.
27. John Lennon's assassin was Mark Chapman.
28. It took a moment for Mark to recover his poise.
29. There is a question mark over the future of geriatric care.
30. The Post Office has issued a commemorative stamp to mark the event.
More similar words: market, remark, marker, mark off, mark out, landmark, marketing, supermarket, remarkable, marketplace, shark, spark, parking, march, in the dark, marine, marble, margin, summary, grammar, primary, the dark ages, nightmare, primarily.