Synonym: apex, crest, crown, hilltop, pinnacle, summit, tip, top. Antonym: foot. Similar words: speak, speak up, speak for, speaker, so to speak, to speak of, appeal, appear. Meaning: [pɪːk] n. 1. the most extreme possible amount or value 2. the period of greatest prosperity or productivity 3. the highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development 4. the top point of a mountain or hill 5. a V shape 6. the highest point (of something) 7. a brim that projects to the front to shade the eyes. v. to reach the highest point; attain maximum intensity, activity. adj. of a period of maximal use or demand or activity.
Random good picture Not show
1) The aim is to reduce traffic at peak periods.
2) She's at the peak of her career.
3) Holiday flights reach a peak during August.
4) The mountain peak loomed through the fog.
5) She was at the peak of her popularity.
6) The mountain turns around,(http://sentencedict.com/peak.html) but towards the peak extension.
7) Traffic reaches its peak between 8 and 9 in the morning.
8) At the peak of the climber, not intoxicated in a step along the way.
9) If you want to climb the peak, not the rainbow as a ladder.
10) At the peak of its popularity in the late nineties, the band sold ten million albums a year.
11) The mountain's snow-white peak was incandescent against the blue sky.
12) Membership of the club has fallen from a peak of 600 people in 1990.
13) The British Empire was at its peak in the mid 19th century.
14) The hotels are always full during the peak season .
15) Athletes have to train continuously to stay in peak condition.
16) Primary school enrolment will peak this year.
17) The mountain peak was enveloped in mist and clouds.
18) Production is rising back towards its 1999 peak.
19) Her performance is just past its peak.
20) Unemployment amongst married women reached a peak.
21) The influx of tourists has reached its summer peak.
22) The climbers made camp halfway up the peak.
23) Most athletes reach their peak in their mid 20s.
24) The crisis was now at its peak.
25) He has attained peak fitness this season.
26) He's past his peak as a tennis player.
28) The news programme goes out four times a week at peak time.
29) The price for indoor courts is ￡10 per hour at peak times and ￡7 per hour at off-peak times.
30) People neeed some courage in life, just like climbing a cliff .Although there are stemp ahead, you still fell some timorous and dare not go ahead. But when you conquer the timidity and reach the peak, you will feel the importance of courage as you enjoy the beautiful scenes. It is the same with life.
More similar words: speak, speak up, speak for, speaker, so to speak, to speak of, appeal, appear, peanut, break, sneak, steak, at peace, peasant, weaken, streak, appeal to, European, break in, break off, break out, break up, disappear, break down, break away, repeatedly, break into, make peace with, break through.