1) Better lose a jest than a friend
2) A friend
is easier lost than found.
3) Lend your money and lose your friend
4) A friend
is known in necessity.
5) A friend
is, as it were, a second self.
6) A friend
is best found in adversity.
7) An open enemy is better than a hollow friend
9) He that doth lend,(http://sentencedict.com/friend
.html) doth lose his friend.
10) A friend
without faults will never be found.
11) Prove thy friend
ere thou have need.
12) A true friend
is for ever a friend.
13) Without a friend
, the world is wilderness.
14) Avoid the ford on which your friend
15) Choose an author as you choose a friend
16) Life without friend is death.
17) There is no better looking-glass than an old friend
18) When a friend
asks[sentencedict.com], there is no tomorrow.
19) A friend
to everybody is a friend to nobody.
20) A faithful friend
is hard to find.
21) Try your friend
ere you trust him.
22) Better an open enemy than a false friend
23) A courageous foe is better than a cowardly friend
24) A friend
is a second self.
25) At need one sees who his friend
26) Trust not a new friend
nor an old enemy.
27) Make your enemy your friend.
28) A table friend
is a variable friend.
29) A false friend
is worse than an avowed enemy.
30) A friend
to all is a friend to none. Aristotle