Antonym: hopeful. Similar words: telescope, careless, homeless, nonetheless, guileless, senseless, changeless, nevertheless. Meaning: ['həʊplɪs] adj. 1. without hope because there seems to be no possibility of comfort or success 2. of a person unable to do something skillfully 3. certain to fail 4. (informal to emphasize how bad it is) beyond hope of management or reform.
Random good picture Not show
2. He felt that his life was a hopeless mess.
3. It's hopeless trying to convince her.
4. The situation seemed completely hopeless.
5. when our situation seemed hopeless.
6. They feel hopeless about their future.
7. The doctor said the old man's condition was hopeless.
8. We have to charge off the debt as hopeless.
9. It's hopeless,(sentencedict.com) he said flatly.
10. He's hopeless at football.
11. He gave way to hopeless grief as soon as he heard the bad message.
12. The sight of the hopeless little boy aroused her maternal instincts.
13. He was disappointed so often that he became hopeless.
14. I'm absolutely hopeless at languages.
15. The public transport system was absolutely hopeless.
16. I'm a hopeless dancer. I've got two left feet.
17. I began to feel lonely and hopeless.
18. I'd be hopeless at working for somebody else.
19. Ian was a hopeless innocent where women were concerned.
20. She's in a hopeless situation.
21. She felt lonely and hopeless.
22. He knew from the start the idea was hopeless.
23. I've always been hopeless with machinery.
24. Argentina'seconomic policies were a hopeless mess.
25. A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure will turn to glorious success.
26. We tried to stop the flames from spreading, but we knew it was hopeless.
27. At school I was quite good at arts, but hopeless at science.
28. The firm had to charge off the debt as hopeless.
29. He had not heard her cry before in this uncontrolled, hopeless way.
30. Most of the students are making good progress, but Michael is a hopeless case.
More similar words: telescope, careless, homeless, nonetheless, guileless, senseless, changeless, nevertheless, hope, tactlessness, hopeful, hopefully, less, celestial, bless, unless, lesson, endless, witless, much less, tactless, flawless, reckless, pointless, regardless, more or less, breathless, tactlessly, no less than, irregardless.