Synonym: aircraft carrier, attack aircraft carrier, bearer, carrier wave, common carrier, flattop, immune carrier, letter carrier, mail carrier, mailman, newsboy, postman, toter. Similar words: barrier, arrival, warrior, arrive at, carry, carrot, carry out, carry off. Meaning: ['kærɪə] n. 1. someone whose employment involves carrying something 2. a self-propelled wheeled vehicle designed specifically to carry something 3. a large warship that carries planes and has a long flat deck for takeoffs and landings 4. an inactive substance that is a vehicle for a radioactive tracer of the same substance and that assists in its recovery after some chemical reaction 5. a person or firm in the business of transporting people or goods or messages 6. a radio wave that can be modulated in order to transmit a signal 7. a man who delivers the mail 8. a boy who delivers newspapers 9. (medicine) a person (or animal) who has some pathogen to which he is immune but who can pass it on to others 10. a rack attached to a vehicle; for carrying luggage or skis or the like 11. (genetics) an organism that possesses a recessive gene whose effect is masked by a dominant allele; the associated trait is not apparent but can be passed on to offspring.
Random good picture Not show
1. The U.S. squadron was based on the carrier.
2. Your carrier for this flight is British Airways.
3. I will call a baggage carrier to help me.
4. Two missiles homed in on the enemy's aircraft carrier.
5. The carrier is armed with nuclear weapons.
6. To conserve resources, please reuse this carrier bag.
7. He became a hod carrier on a building site.
7. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and make good sentences.
8. Six jet-fighters catapulted from the deck of the carrier.
9. Our destroyers bore down on the enemy carrier.
10. The squadron is based on a carrier.
11. Keeping carrier pigeons is his hobby.
12. The plane homed to its carrier.
13. The carrier wave has got out of phase with the signal wave.
14. The navy's biggest aircraft carrier is being scrapped this year.
15. The haulage company was a carrier of machine parts to Turkey.
16. Switzerland's national carrier, Swissair, has been having a hard time recently.
17. Russian commanders docked a huge aircraft carrier in a Russian port.
18. If goods are lost in transit, the carrier will be liable for damages.
19. He was accused of acting as a carrier for drug pushers.
20. On that type of aircraft carrier, a catapult was used to help launch aircraft.
21. He stooped to pick up the carrier bag of groceries.
22. What were they doing in a carrier bag?
23. Colin dug out a huge carrier bag.
24. What trouble is brewing with the excess carrier?
25. a carrier with routes to the eastern U.S.
26. The carrier and an accompanying armada of escort ships gave Clinton a 21-gun salute.
27. Please inform us of your travel plans, i.e. arrival time, carrier, etc.
28. All his worldly goods were packed into a neat checked carrier bag.
29. The tower provided shore accommodation for keepers and kept in communication with the lighthouse by means of flagstaff signals and carrier pigeons.
30. She waved, but Dawn didn't see her, being too engrossed in stuffing the flowers into a large carrier bag.