Synonym: concisely, in brief, in short, shortly. Similar words: in brief, butterfly, reflection, die for, relief, bring, brick, bride. Meaning: [ˈbriːflɪ] adv. 1. for a short time 2. in a concise manner; in a few words.
Random good picture Not show
1. She responded briefly to the questions.
2. We spoke briefly on the phone.
3. He adverted briefly to that.
4. Guerillas captured and briefly held an important provincial capital.
5. She met John briefly on Friday night.
6. He had spoken to Emma only briefly .
7. We stopped off briefly in London on our way to Geneva.
8. He was briefly famous in his twenties but then sank into obscurity.
9. He glanced briefly towards her but there was no sign of recognition.
10. He characterized briefly the main trend in the world today.
11. Briefly, the hunter and his quarry glared at each other.
12. He was kidnapped and briefly detained by a terrorist group.
13. The assault was so unexpected that he was briefly stunned into submission.
14. He served briefly as prime minister from 1920 to 1921.
15. To recap briefly, an agreement negotiated to cut the budget deficit was rejected 10 days ago.
16. The car shuddered briefly as its engine died.
17. I flirted briefly with the idea of emigrating.
18. Briefly, she ran through details of the morning's events.
19. Briefly, I think we should accept their offer.
19. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
20. He referred briefly to his notebook.
21. They posed briefly for photographs before driving off.
22. He showed himself briefly at the party.
23. He knitted up his remarks briefly.
24. She hesitated briefly but quickly regained her poise.
25. He dialled, and spoke briefly to the duty officer.
26. We briefly discussed buying a second car.
27. They talked briefly in a desultory manner.
28. She appears briefly in the new Bond film.
29. I cast my eyes down briefly.
30. The unexpected and sudden memory briefly panicked her.