Synonym: dissentious, divisive. Similar words: fractious, benefaction, satisfaction, action, reaction, fraction, punctilious, attraction. Meaning: ['fækʃəs] adj. dissenting (especially dissenting with the majority opinion).
Random good picture Not show
1. And the main reason was that reactionary and factious opposition led the Government to seek and obtain an immediate dissolution of Parliament.
2. Fabvier was factious ; Bavoux was revolutionary.
3. These meetings ought not to be sanctuaries for factious and flagitious fellows.
4. Many of the old puritan colonists retained their factious temperaments in the New World.
5. Many of the old puritan colonist retain their factious temperament in the new world.
6. They are not practical instruments of warfare, though they genuinely reflect the factious bellicose tendencies of their builders.
7. "They told us there would be barriers up, but there is more protection here than Fairfield in Factious Diseases Hospital , " he said.
8. Javert addressed the porter in a tone befitting the government, and the presence of the porter of a factious person.
More similar words: fractious, benefaction, satisfaction, action, reaction, fraction, punctilious, attraction, take action, sanctimonious, interaction, transaction, practitioner, ambitious, bumptious, seditious, licentious, propitious, contentious, pretentious, superstitious, ostentatious, adventitious, surreptitious, conscientious, pretentiousness, glorious revolution, fact, facto, factor.