Random good picture Not show
1. His response was full of pretentious nonsense.
2. He spouts a load of pretentious nonsense and people are stupid enough to believe him!
3. Most of the poems were pretentious dross.
4. It was just an ordinary house-nothing pretentious.
5. That's a pretentious name for a dog!
6. Stripped of their pretentious verbiage, his statements come dangerously close to inviting racial hatred.
7. I found Susie unbearably pretentious.
8. The restaurant is stuffy, pretentious, and ridiculously expensive.
9. Much of the film is preachy, pretentious, and slow.
10. A meretricious populism and pretentious sectarianism have between them squeezed out everything else.
11. He might be pretentious in other ways, but he was not posing at the keyboard.
12. It may seem pretentious to say so but it is intended in Gramsci's terms as an organic intellectual work.
13. He has a pretentious style of writing, using four very difficult words where one simple one would do.
14. Just get some samples together, print up pretentious business cards, inflate values, rent out tent space and voila!
15. Arrogant or pretentious wives can sometimes kill the political ambitions of their husbands.
16. He complained that my titles were vague and pretentious, and smelt of the blue-stocking.
17. Bangers and mash is better than pretentious nouvellecuisine, though you can probably be a little more original!
18. It'sounds a bit pretentious.
19. Old Laz is a pretentious son of a gun, but he's got a heart of gold.
20. These pretentious phrases and glowing descriptions also have a resonance for our time.
21. Precious, precocious, pretentious and very much in control, he seems perfectly sane.
22. There was something suicidal about the whole pretentious enterprise, which Dustin should have been talked down from before he leaped.
23. Some of it is amusing, some of it pretentious drivel.
24. The novel deals with grand themes, but is never heavy or pretentious.
25. Plotinus wrote his most impassioned tract to attack Gnosticism as pretentious mumbo-jumbo.
26. Although the decor may be quite formal, there is nothing pretentious about the food, which is down-home wonderful.
27. So Princeton looked good for college until I met their pretentious admissions rep.
28. If you are truly a gentleman(sentencedict.com/pretentious.html), you do not need to be pretentious. Dr T.P.Chia
29. He didn't get on at graduate school at Harvard, finding it pretentious and doctrinaire.
30. A heady mixture of reminiscence and connoisseurship of the least pretentious, most illuminating sort.
More similar words: pretentiousness, contentious, licentious, ostentatious, conscientious, attention, intention, prevention, pay attention to, a bone of contention, detente, precious, previous, precarious, previously, potential, bumptious, ambitious, potentially, preventive, interpretation, mention, presidential, preferential, surreptitious, apprenticeship, invention, convention, not to mention, constitutional convention.