Synonym: equal, like, match, replacement, rival, substitute. Antonym: different. Similar words: talented, equipment, requirement, rival, arrival, survival, calendar, equip. Meaning: [-nt] n. 1. a person or thing equal to another in value or measure or force or effect or significance etc 2. the atomic weight of an element that has the same combining capacity as a given weight of another element; the standard is 8 for oxygen. adj. 1. equal in amount or value 2. being essentially equal to something.
Random good picture Not show
1. The two words are equivalent in meaning.
2. There is no exact male equivalent for witches.
3. Eight kilometres is roughly equivalent to five miles.
4. What is 5 equivalent to in French francs?
5. The new regulation was seen as equivalent to censorship.
6. Zip disks could be used to store the equivalent of three music CDs.
7. The gangsters offered him a sum equivalent to a whole year's earnings.
8. She's doing the equivalent job in the new company but for more money.
9. The equivalent of two tablespoons of polyunsaturated oils is ample each day.
9. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
10. These first computers were equivalent in power to a modern calculator.
11. There is no exactly equivalent French tense to the present perfect tense in English.
12. He changed his pounds for the equivalent amount of dollars.
13. With strong will, is equivalent to the feet to a pair of wings.
14. One disk can store the equivalent of 500 pages of text.
15. I had no dollars(sentencedict.com), but offered him an equivalent amount of sterling.
16. The word has no equivalent in English.
17. This qualification is the equivalent of a degree.
18. Send ￡20 or the equivalent in your own currency.
19. He had drunk the equivalent of 15 whiskies.
20. Is $50 equivalent to about £30?
21. Middle C is equivalent to 256 vibrations per second.
22. Some American words have no British equivalent.
23. One litre is equivalent to 1,000 cubic centimetres.
24. Even the cheapest car costs the equivalent of 70 years' salary for a government worker.
25. Changing her job like that is equivalent to giving her the sack.
26. Some concepts in Chinese medicine have no exact equivalent in Western medicine.
27. Breathing such polluted air is the equivalent of smoking ten cigarettes a day.
28. A unit is equivalent to a glass of wine or a single measure of spirits.
29. It is common to ask for the equivalent of a month's rent as a deposit.
30. It is the approximate equivalent in height to the Matterhorn.
More similar words: talented, equipment, requirement, rival, arrival, survival, calendar, equip, equity, require, required, lenient, violent, frequent, subsequent, frequently, unrelentingly, consequently, entertainment, sentiment, lens, blend, privacy, length, motivate, vivacious, privately, tale, sale, male.