Synonym: assignment, business, charge, chore, duty, errand, job, purpose, stint, task, work. Similar words: emission, admission, commission, permission, missionary, commissioner, transmission, missing. Meaning: ['mɪʃn] n. 1. an organization of missionaries in a foreign land sent to carry on religious work 2. an operation that is assigned by a higher headquarters 3. a special assignment that is given to a person or group 4. the organized work of a religious missionary 5. a group of representatives or delegates.
Random good picture Not show
1. The minister was sent to Spain on mission.
2. The delegation completed its mission successfully.
3. The rescue mission had to be aborted.
4. He was sent to Washington on a diplomatic mission.
5. Our mission accomplished, we headed for home.
6. In the film, he plays a spy whose mission is to confirm the verity of a secret military document.
7. The troops are on a mercy mission in the war zone.
8. Your mission is to isolate the enemy by destroying all the bridges across the river.
9. Salisbury sent him on a diplomatic mission to North America.
10. He regards it as his mission to help the cause of the world peace.
11. The navy are on a search and rescue mission.
12. The UN Secretary General is on a fence-mending mission.
13. It seems to be his mission to help others.
14. Her mission was to improve staff morale and output.
15. Their mission ended in failure.
16. The helicopter was returning from a reconnaissance mission.
17. The spacecraft lost contact with mission control.
18. But the mission was successful(sentencedict.com), gloriously successful.
19. A Chinese trade mission has been dispatched to Japan.
20. A powerful sense of mission underpins everything he does.
21. He spoke only briefly and elliptically about the mission.
22. This is Mission Control calling the space shuttle Discovery.
23. The doctor works at the mission.
24. I'll leave you to undertake an important mission.
25. That's it. Mission accomplished .
26. The decision was made to abort the mission.
27. She was charged with an important mission.
28. Fears for the President's safety could overshadow his peace-making mission.
29. I must forget these side issues and remember my mission.
30. Getting out of bed in winter is one of life's hardest mission.
More similar words: emission, admission, commission, permission, missionary, commissioner, transmission, missing, missile, session, recession, discussion, aggression, confession, profession, impression, depression, professional, congressional, dismiss, tension, pension, version, mansion, division, envision, decision, invasion, expansion, extension.