Synonym: costume, fit, furnish, prepare, provide, rig. Similar words: equipment, equity, require, required, equivalent, requirement, quite, liquid. Meaning: [ɪ'kwɪp] v. 1. provide with (something) usually for a specific purpose 2. provide with abilities or understanding.
Random good picture Not show
1. We should equip our child with a good education.
2. They can't afford to equip their army.
3. It's going to cost $4 million to equip the hospital.
4. They become obsessed with trying to equip their vehicles with gadgets to deal with every possible contingency.
5. Proper education will equip one for a job.
6. A good education should equip you for life.
7. She got a bank loan to rent and equip a small workshop.
8. They can't afford to equip their laboratories properly because of lack of funds.
9. A basic two-hour first aid course would equip you to deal with any of these incidents.
10. Your education will equip you to earn a good living.
11. We equip students with the skills they will need once they leave college.
12. Owners of restaurants would have to equip them to admit disabled people.
13. We must equip young teachers to deal with difficult children.
14. Please equip yourself with a sharp pencil and a rubber for the exam.
15. The course aims to equip people with the skills necessary for a job in this technological age.
16. The charity provided money to staff and equip two hospitals.
17. The vocational course in architecture seeks to equip students with the knowledge and skills needed to enter the profession.Sentencedict.com
18. Equip yourself with Another Hong Kong - invaluable for anyone determined to get off the beaten track.
19. All of these abilities equip children to move out from their families and into the wider world.
20. This is forcing people to equip themselves with computers in a hurry.
21. He had three months to train and equip his force before their first operation in November.
22. However well you try to equip yourself, qualifications are unlikely to be the decisive factor.
23. He helps to equip trade unions to do their own educational work.
24. We could equip them with two-way radios, but they would be confiscated at road checks.
25. A degree in the history of art is very nice but it doesn't exactly equip you for many jobs.
26. The country did not possess the modern guns to equip the reserve army properly.
27. While E. coli carries its main genetic archive on conventional chromosomes, plasmids equip the microbe with small libraries of supplementary information.
28. There is not an optimal set of skills you can give people to equip them for the new economy.
29. Confiscated boats and planes could be used by law enforcement agencies and seized money used to train and better equip the forces.
30. If you are unsure of yourself and doubt your abilities, there’s no point trying- you are sure to fail. Before you begin your journey towards success, make sure to equip yourself with self-belief. Dr Roopleen
More similar words: equipment, equity, require, required, equivalent, requirement, quite, liquid, request, quietly, inquiry, frequent, sequence, quite a few, equation, adequate, subsequent, frequency, frequently, ubiquitous, colloquial, consequence, inquisitive, acquisition, inquire about, consequently, in consequence, acquiescence, out of the question.