Antonym: purchase. Similar words: sales, on sale, for sale, salad, vassal, salmon, salary, pale. Meaning: [seɪl] n. 1. the general activity of selling 2. a particular instance of selling 3. the state of being purchasable; offered or exhibited for selling 4. an occasion (usually brief) for buying at specially reduced prices 5. an agreement (or contract) in which property is transferred from the seller (vendor) to the buyer (vendee) for a fixed price in money (paid or agreed to be paid by the buyer).
Random good picture Not show
1. The sale generated record profits.
2. The sale of cigarettes/alcohol is forbidden.
3. She gets 10% commission on each sale.
4. Hundreds of slaves were corralled for sale.
5. I haven't made a sale all week.
6. On sale at record stores now.
7. Tickets are on sale from the booking office.
8. A range of official Disney merchandise was on sale.
9. We will treble the sale this year.
10. Car for sale: one careful owner, low mileage.
11. That sale precludes further development on this site.
12. The use and sale of marijuana remains illegal.
13. The proceeds of the sale are split fifty-fifty.
14. The new law restricts the sale of hand guns.
15. The price is low to ensure a quick sale.
16. Prohibit the sale of alcoholic beverages.
17. She has put her house up for sale.
18. There were hordes of people at the jumble sale.
19. The sale starts on Tuesday.
20. The shoe shop is having a sale this week.
21. Our Grand Sale in June was a runaway success.
22. The sale was handled by Adams Commercial.
23. Our end-of-season sale starts next week.
24. The sale starts on Wednesday.
25. The law forbids the sale of cigarettes to people under the age of 16.
26. The money was raised by the sale of raffle tickets.
26. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress every day!
27. On February 12th he put up for sale a second tranche of 32 state-owned companies.
28. The government has imposed a ban on the sale of handguns.
29. We have a huge stock of quality carpets on sale.
30. I picked up a few good bargains in the sale.