Antonym: alive. Similar words: function, functional, and function, malfunction, make fun of, compunction, fund, define. Meaning: [dɪ'fʌŋkt] adj. 1. no longer in force or use; inactive 2. having ceased to exist or live.
Random good picture Not show
1. The long-playing record was made defunct by the arrival of the CD.
2. These machines are now considered defunct.
3. He wrote many articles for the now sadly defunct newspaper, the Daily Correspondent.
4. You see, the Ping Tiao is now defunct.
5. Portsmouth is yet another defunct municipal airport.
6. Pall Mall Shooting Gallery, now defunct.
7. Another worry is that nuclear material from defunct nuclear power plants and dismantled nuclear weapons might end up in the wrong hands.
8. The new facility abuts tract homes and a defunct oil refinery.
9. The Bishop gazed at his defunct colonial colleague in the portrait over the mantelpiece.
10. In a nearby bush a defunct oxyacetylene cutter attracted the attention of a passing stoat.
11. The Tyrrell Society and all that pining after defunct Oxford cabals - it's irrelevant, Harry, don't you see?
12. Part of the now defunct Ireland Colliery may just be discerned in the background.
13. Former director of the now defunct Arthur Ackermann and Sons.
14. The scheme for building an airport seems to be completely defunct now.
15. Its extraordinary jurisdiction in civil matters was compared with the extraordinary jurisdiction of the now defunct Star Chamber in criminal matters.
16. Oxford Instruments is to buy the Cambridge-based thin films group, which was part of the now defunct Cryogenic Consultants company.
17. Now they are being embalmed - dutifully and reverentially, as befits faithful but defunct servitors of mankind.
18. Humankind may one day join the ghostly parade of defunct species, but the jury on that is still out.
18. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
19. The north and south traffic on Vermont was separated by tracks for the old yellow trolley cars, long since defunct.
20. It's an old black and white photograph which I cut out many years ago from a now long defunct feature magazine.
21. Any hope of heading off with the Kaika was defunct.
22. Kansas was emptied by the drought and the white winter, Nevada by irrigation companies gone defunct.
23. Workbench first appeared in an earlier incarnation as an application called Intercycle from now defunct company Interport Inc.
24. Last year's event was weakened by the fact that it coincided with the now defunct Tokyo Art Expo.
25. Many were polluted years or decades ago by companies that are now defunct or bankrupt.
26. Laws on the marketing of investment funds date back to the mid-1980s and to a defunct regulator known as Lautro.
27. He pedalled along the canal bank quite slowly, keeping his eyes skinned for signs of defunct animal life.
28. Football fever got to us and Brian fashioned a small ball out of an old pair of underpants and a defunct blindfold.
29. Two of the rooms were fairly large and, from the remaining pipes and sinks, looked to be defunct laboratories.
30. There being no ink left in the pen, Pooley had pierced the points of his speculation through with defunct matchsticks.
More similar words: function, functional, and function, malfunction, make fun of, compunction, fund, define, defend, funding, funeral, refuge, distinct, instinct, succinct, defense, deficit, fungible, doleful, refugee, sanction, defender, to the full, be full of, befuddle, defendant, aside from, defensive, hopefully, befuddled.