Synonym: O.K., accept, allow, approve, authorize, license, permit, support. Antonym: interdict. Similar words: function, and function, functional, distinction, malfunction, action, section, fiction. Meaning: ['sæŋkʃn] n. 1. formal and explicit approval 2. a mechanism of social control for enforcing a society's standards 3. official permission or approval 4. the act of final authorization. v. 1. give sanction to 2. give authority or permission to 3. give religious sanction to, such as through on oath.
Random good picture Not show
1. We received sanction to proceed with our plans.
2. They tried to get official sanction for the scheme.
3. The custom will never receive the sanction of tradition.
4. Official sanction has not yet been given.
5. The conference gave its official sanction to the change of policy.
6. He may now be ready to sanction the use of force.
7. Would you sanction flogging as a punishment for crimes of violence?
8. The book was translated without the sanction of the author.
9. I can't sanction your methods.
10. Apparently, the aide had acted without White House sanction.
10. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
11. The fear of ridicule is a very effective sanction.
12. The church refused to sanction the king's second marriage.
13. As an ultimate sanction, they can sell their shares.
14. How can you sanction such rudeness?
15. These changes will require the sanction of the court.
16. Their ideas received official sanction at the meeting.
17. They won't sanction our spending on this scale.
18. No decision can be taken without the sanction of the complete committee.
19. Prison is the best sanction against a crime like this.
20. The ultimate sanction will be the closure of the restaurant.
21. The government was reluctant to sanction intervention in the crisis.
22. The government gave its sanction to what the Minister had done.
23. The king could not enact laws without the sanction of Parliament.
24. Is prison the best sanction against a crime like this?
25. We now have an effective sanction against the killing of whales.
26. The government refused to sanction a further cut in interest rates.
27. And yet those same acts today escape formal sanction.
28. The panel has wide latitude in proposing a sanction.
29. Sefton council will consider whether to sanction the operation.
30. There is then no effective sanction against illegal tapping.
More similar words: function, and function, functional, distinction, malfunction, action, section, fiction, auction, reduction, election, fraction, reaction, selection, infection, objection, connection, production, protection, collection, attraction, prediction, inspection, conviction, reflection, projection, take action, instruction, interaction, destruction.