Synonym: assets, stock, supply. Similar words: funding, fundamental, round and round, funeral, fungible, function, make fun of, and function. Meaning: [fʌnd] n. 1. a reserve of money set aside for some purpose 2. a supply of something available for future use 3. a financial institution that sells shares to individuals and invests in securities issued by other companies. v. 1. convert (short-term floating debt) into long-term debt that bears fixed interest and is represented by bonds 2. place or store up in a fund for accumulation 3. provide a fund for the redemption of principal or payment of interest 4. invest money in government securities 5. accumulate a fund for the discharge of a recurrent liability 6. furnish money for.
Random good picture Not show
1. We made a contribution to the famine relief fund.
2. The Fund awards four scholarships every year.
3. The fund is largely financed through government borrowing.
4. They have subscribed large sums to the fund.
5. She made a personal donation to the fund.
6. He contributed all his savings to the relief fund.
7. The fund was specified to maintain the ancient buildings.
8. They act as joint trustees of the fund.
9. The hospital has set up a special fund to buy new equipment.
10. The house fell into disrepair until a restoration fund was set up .
11. The newspaper launched an appeal fund for victims of the disaster.
12. A fund was set up as a goodwill gesture to survivors and their families.
13. Close collaboration between the Bank and the Fund is not merely desirable(sentencedict.com), it is essential.
14. The fund was increased by the accretion of new shareholders.
15. The fund has been used largely to finance the construction of federal prisons.
16. We donate to the school endowment fund every year.
17. The hospital was founded on an endowment fund.
18. The fund is voluntarily administered.
19. He is possessed of an extraordinary fund of energy.
20. They clubbed a fund of money for poor children.
21. The pension fund is in surplus.
22. He had a fund of stories about his boyhood.
23. The fund supports weak currencies.
24. They persistently stuck him with fund collection.
25. The appeal fund has reached its target of 10000.
26. 30 a month goes towards a pension fund.
27. There is currently over ￡200 000 in the fund.
28. The writer personally contributed ￡4 000 to the earthquake fund.
29. The project was suspended because of the shortage of fund.
30. He's accused of misusing $17.5 million from a secret government slush fund.
More similar words: funding, fundamental, round and round, funeral, fungible, function, make fun of, and function, functional, malfunction, under, round, around, run down, ground, undergo, hundred, round off, round up, under way, all round, founder, compound, laundry, all around, come under, boundary, go around, get around, fall under.