Synonym: division, separation, wall. Similar words: participation, petition, competition, superstition, repetition, practitioner, apparition, perfect competition. Meaning: [pɑr'tɪʃn /pɑː't-] n. 1. a vertical structure that divides or separates (as a wall divides one room from another) 2. the act of dividing or partitioning; separation by the creation of a boundary that divides or keeps apart 3. (computer science) the part of a hard disk that is dedicated to a particular operating system or application and accessed as a single unit. v. 1. divide into parts, pieces, or sections 2. separate or apportion into sections.
Random good picture Not show
1. There is a plywood partition between the two rooms.
2. The workers partition a room into three parts.
3. She tapped on the glass partition and the car stopped.
4. Our office is comparted by a partition board.
5. The partition of India occurred in 1948.
6. The rooms were divided only by a wafer-thin partition.
7. Why don't you partition that large room into a lounge and a dining-room?
8. Britain was accused of trying to partition the country "because of historic enmity".
9. Only a thin partition divides the room.
10. Grinning soldiers crowded around the partition.
11. During Partition they went into hiding,(http://Sentencedict.com) and for a fortnight their good Hindu friends brought them food and water.
12. To the rear of the glazed, folding partition lay the larger, higher volume of the original school-room.
13. Component 1 has the higher partition coefficient and thus moves through the column faster.
14. She stood against the glass partition by the double-leaved doors with the violin and the suitcase wedged behind her calves.
15. Larry knocked down the partition wall between the dining-room and the kitchen.
16. Rejecting any partition of the country, Cheiffou called upon the rebels to disarm, and to air their grievances through dialogue.
17. He said they had national characteristics and that partition would be disastrous.
18. Then I heard quiet footsteps moving behind the partition wall.
19. They are linked by a glass partition door which may be opened if required.
20. The music room is shut off from the rest of the house by a soundproof partition.
21. The old lady took her cane and began banging on the door in the partition in back of her.
22. One of the students banged his fist loudly on the partition separating them from the driver.
23. One way of tackling the conversion is to build a stud partition wall.
24. Once the soldiers pushed a woman down on the floor in front of the partition and tore at her clothes.
25. When a new item is to be added to the partition, it is added at the top.
26. I almost do not hear the women pleading behind the partition.
27. For large networks, multiple boards can be used to partition the computations even more.
28. The soldiers, so far, had also not taken behind the partition any women with children.
29. Along with every other Arab state he officially opposed the partition, but the others knew his intention was the opposite.
30. There was a card game next door whose progress he could hear through the partition wall.
More similar words: participation, petition, competition, superstition, repetition, practitioner, apparition, perfect competition, monopolistic competition, articles of confederation, partial, partisan, particle, partially, impartial, particular, take part in, participate, participant, proportional representation, constitutional convention, impartiality, in particular, particularly, partisanship, participate in, fictitious, factitious, political party, superstitious.