Similar words: chart of accounts, near to, carton, cartoon, start off, start on, sartorial, give ear to. Meaning: n. Indonesian statesman who seized power from Sukarno in 1967 (born in 1921).
Random good picture Not show
(1) President Suharto declared a national disaster on Dec. 15.
(2) Jaelani presented his initial findings to President Suharto on Dec. 26.
(3) Jaelani told Suharto that up to 50 people had died in the cemetery and a further 91 had been injured.
(4) But President Suharto appears to be leaving nothing to chance.
(5) What has been happening since Suharto was ousted from power in 1998?
(6) In the book and the film Mr Suharto appears egocentric and opinionated.
(7) In 1996 Suharto attempted to have her ousted because he feared that she was becoming too powerful.
(8) Suharto, an Army general, became president in 1967 with the excuse of securing the country against an alleged Communist coup attempt against a weakening Sukarno.
(9) 1967 - Suharto takes over from Sukarno to become President of Indonesia.
(10) Fall, however, Suharto did, in 1998, disqualifying Indonesia's recent history as a serviceable model for Than Shwe.
(11) Another is the continued dominance of Suharto - era figures.
(12) Under the regime of Suharto ( 1965 - 1998 ), the country experienced considerable economic growth.
(13) 'Too sweet' is what Ms. Suharto, Ms. Heaton-Renshaw and Ms. Comstock regularly hear.
(14) During the Suharto era, Bahasa Indonesia was the only language that we could see or read.
(15) When Ms. Comstock and Ms. Suharto teamed up to make ice-cream sandwiches this summer, office workers at a nearby English school lined up.
(16) Last November, after Mr Wahid denied a pardon request[sentencedict.com], the younger Suharto went into hiding.
(17) While she became a beacon for the oppressed and victimised during the Suharto regime, she has done little since taking office.
(18) In his key-note National Day address to parliament in August Suharto appeared to endorse moves towards greater openness and democracy.
(19) As long as his health endures, all decisions emanate from Suharto.
(20) The appeal also argued that the judges did not take into account the public demand for Suharto to be brought to justice.
(21) Later, however, the police confirmed they had summoned Tommy Suharto, 38, for questioning.
(22) That civil war has been the rationale for the authoritarian rule Suharto and the military have enforced over the decades.
(23) A free press burst out of the shadows within a few months of the collapse of the Suharto regime.
(24) Another exploded at the attorney-general's office hours after Tommy Suharto had been questioned in connection with a corruption investigation.
(25) That is a standard pattern: Ferdinand Marcos, Jean-Claude Duvalier, Chun Doo Hwan, Suharto and many other useful gangsters.
(26) Indonesia also experienced large - scale corruption and fraud within the ruling Suharto family from 1965 to 1998. Sentencedict.com
(27) Eventually they were pulled back into line with the regime, which gave Suharto valuable breathing room.
(28) His partisans have introduced piles of pork that smack of the Suharto era.
(29) Both companies are closely identified with the government of 68 - year old President Suharto.
(30) In October he took the reins of Golkar, the party created by Indonesia's former strongman , Suharto.
More similar words: chart of accounts, near to, carton, cartoon, start off, start on, sartorial, give ear to, on the part of, be similar to, cartography, Chart., chart, charter, muhammad, sort out, prior to, refer to, cater to, report on, tortoise, in order to, repertoire, in support of, open the door to, hare, harm, char, share, hard.