Random good picture Not show
2. During the frequent air-raids, people took refuge in their cellars.
3. They looked to the country as the last refuge of liberty.
4. A further 300 people have taken refuge in the US embassy.
5. When I am sad, I take refuge in remembering happier times.
6. They took refuge in a bomb shelter.
7. These people are seeking/taking refuge from persecution.
8. They were forced to seek refuge from the fighting.
9. Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
10. Crying is the refuge of plain women. Pretty women go shopping.
11. Thousands of people crossed the border[sentencedict.com/refuge.html], seeking refuge from the war.
12. They took refuge in the embassy.
13. All too often, they get bored, and seek refuge in drink and drugs.
14. They sought refuge in the mountain villages.
15. The growing number of people seeking refuge in Thailand is beginning to concern Western aid agencies.
16. We took refuge in the lee of the wall.
17. He took refuge from the storm in a hut.
18. A huge oak tree provided a refuge from the storm.
19. She took refuge in the library, where she could read to her heart's content.
20. He always refers to the house as his "refuge".
21. They took refuge in the fortress.
22. For her, poetry is a refuge from the world.
23. They took refuge in a cave yesterday.
24. The cave provided refuge from the storm.
25. Four people who sought refuge in the Italian embassy have left voluntarily.
26. They were hoping to find a safe refuge for the night.
27. Home is a refuge against the pressures of work.
28. To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life. W. Somerset Maugham
29. As the situation at home got worse she increasingly took refuge in her work.
30. The woman had fled from her violent husband to a women's refuge in Chelmsford.